backup camera suggestions?

Getting to the track and back, where you stay while you are there.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 12:39 pm
Hi,
I am towing a 26 foot aluminum enclosed trailer with a GMC crew cab pickup. I want to add a backup camera to the back of the trailer for both monitoring who is behind me when on the road and for ease of backing up.
Does anyone have one of these that is working well?
Elliott

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:49 pm
Do a search Pearl is one that acts as a license plate frame and works through your smartphone. It's a bit pricey but has had good write-ups. There are others as well. Don't have any experience with the add-on cameras to share.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:33 am
enzo wrote:Do a search Pearl is one that acts as a license plate frame and works through your smartphone. It's a bit pricey but has had good write-ups. There are others as well. Don't have any experience with the add-on cameras to share.

PM me if interested in a Pearl. Got one for the wife's Wrangler and she doesn't use it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:02 pm
Hello all. Long-time lurker and first post having just purchased SRF3 #492 along with a 24' x 8.5' enclosed trailer. I pulled 1,100 miles from New Hampshire to Atlanta without incident....that i am aware of. Pulling w/ a F150 SCREW which has the max trailer tow package. Was practicing the back-up assist feature yesterday which is very nice but I really need a camera on the back of the trailer for both driving and backing.

Hopefully this pushes this topic back to the top and that there are some other recommendations or new products out there. The Pearl camera is no longer available since the company went out of business.

Thanks.
SRF #492 - Southeast Region
Karts - OTK LO206 and KA100
West Union, SC

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:11 pm
Elliot,

DieselBoss, Albany, OR
(866) 851-2346

They sell a 4 Camera kit for $259.00 plus cable($100+-).
This is a hardwired system. ( Oh the price for 3 cameras is the same. ) Anyway, I like the hardware system because of no maintenance or batteries. Just run the cable wire under the trailer, pigtail to the Trailer cord. Place another camera near the hitch, to ease connecting plus as a backup camera. Finally, place a camera in the front window shield, for today's traffic issues. The system comes with a 5" or 7" monitor and does loop recording.

Dieselboss
www.dieselboss.com

I called for my son's 5th wheel and Toterhome a few months ago.

Return to Towing and Trailers