New Clutch disc

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:27 pm
Any word on the new clutch disc. Last I heard it was supposed to be available in January 2018

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:44 pm
I wish I knew. I’ve had the rear of my car spread out in the shop for weeks now waiting....

Do you know the issues were with the old one? I heard several exploded but don’t know why. If you walk around the pits you’ll her people burning them up all the time. I figured this was the issue, but some recent stories make me question that logic.

Also what is different about the new one?

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:05 pm
I too have had my engine and tranny out waiting for the new disc. I too was told that the new discs are due in January but was told this week that the new date is March. I'm told that the supplier of the new discs is not meeting delivery commitments.

The problem with the old discs appears to be related to the material selection of the hub. My splines were pretty worn and wouldn't have lasted very long. I've also seen a failure of the rivets attaching the hub.

I'm going to wait through the best part of March before pulling the trigger on putting in an old style disc.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Accelracetek-285423508982
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:20 am
The clutch is still under development and no firm delivery date has been set. Our guesstimate is at least a month before any clutches will be available. Hope this helps, Bruce @ AccelRaceTek

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 am
I’ve pulled the plug and ordered the current style. Even if it shows up on time I’m still not a fan of being the first one to work out the kinks. I’ll take my chances with the known parts.

Return to Spec Racer Gen3