CAN template for AIM data system

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:15 pm
You will only get ECU speed if you have the both gears in the transmission and the filler plug and the ECU connection in the transmission fill plug (I have seen a gear attached to the filler plug in years and my transmission came back without the matching gear, as well.). I expect that it's only calibrated for the 3.85 gearing with current tire circumference and primary intended to support the 25mph pit speed limiter switch.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:22 am
Thanks Bob.

What are you choosing to monitor with your 6 dash alarms, given the new ECU data? seems like water temp, battery and oil pressure are the obvious ones, but there are many others that one could set an alarm to...
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:26 am
Oil temp would be my recommendation. We had an early issue because the fan was not grounded properly and the alarm was invaluable in catching this before it became an issue. If you want an over-rev alarm, that will use one of the LED's (bottom left). I also put the Lambda on the display, but not with an alarm.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3