Rain map light

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:16 pm
I have not seen anyone ask this so I'm most likely to be the first. When I connect the black wire from ecu to one terminal and the white to the other terminal on toggle switch,red from light to power and black from light to white wire on toggle switch. When I turn on master switch the light comes on dim. When I flip the switch it is bright. I tried connecting it up different ways but if you touch black to black it lights up bright so I believe it is wired right. Per the manual it is right. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? Has anyone one run rain map? Can you tell when it is on? Can you see anything on the computer in the mapping when it is on? Ran the car in the rain at Sebring and the driver said it was so loose he could not drive it. With the 1.9 on new rains pushed. So the power and being lighter made the car loose. I know I will have to work on set up but for now I need to fix this light issue.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:02 am
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here.

Even with the rain map on the car was still way too loose in the wet?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:15 pm
What I'm saying is the rain map light is on very dim when switch is off. With master on. We had it disconnected per Mike Davies. So no rain map. Car was loose no rain map. I know Mike is busy right now so I was trying to see if anyone else had seen this problem.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:04 pm
Tony, my rain map light is not on and I believe everything is hooked up. I tried pit speed switch and did not notice anychange or limit in speed.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Do you have a speedometer gear on the end of the housing that goes into the transmission. It is where you fill trans, and the wire plug into that same housing? Then something I'm not sure of can it be set to different speeds? This would have to be done thru ecu.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:28 pm
Don't know about speedometer gear. My speed is from GPS and AIM data. PS, I know NOTHING about the install. Just heard feedback from my guys that did the install.
Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion
Chassis:
247-1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:35 am
Yep we are pretty busy....I was lucky that Jeff from PE came down to the tire test at TWS the last 2 days...he has some new firmware for the Pit Speed and the Rain Map. It was a pretty nice improvement over the current tuning functions.
Rain map works now...it's about 10 lbs of torque reduction up to about 5000 rpm...I will post a graph pretty soon....The thing to remember, the 1.6 is within 6 lbs of peak torque 2600 to 6300 RPM. it's going to take a very gentle throttle in wet conditions.

Both functions work by pulling a an ECU circuit to Ref ground or 0 Volt. Hold tight, we will get both things dialed in.

In order for the Pit Speed to work you need the Speedo drive in the gear box to function, the ECU see's the pulse generator as a Hz signal...about 2.2 Hz is a mile per hour. so it is not gear dependent, any gear will work. The current firmware is a little harsh...PE is working on it.
Mike Davies
SCCA Enterprises
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
562-1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:30 pm
Does anyone have the part number for the gear speed sensor?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:41 pm
I think fords # F1CZ9E731AA
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:32 pm
Rock Auto sells them online for about $43 plus S&H. Their part number 5S4694 Speed Sensor (Airtex/Wells Brand) aftermarket item. The Motorcraft brand #DY929 is about $48 plus S&H.
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Next

Return to Spec Racer Gen3