More Gen3 experience

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:38 pm
Yes I would agree Tray, Our cars came in that same area.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:52 pm
As I slowly and methodically remove Gen 2 items from my car, I discovered my "lost and found pocket" I didn't know I had! One evening as I unbolted and pulled out my oil cooler I found a pair of sunglasses I lost who knows when - they apparently fell down the nacelle into the oil cooler at the track.
Maybe we should start a string discussion on funny things we find or have broken or whatever as we convert from Gen2 to Gen3 :)
I was telling Mr. Walsh recently that I have my original Renault alternator from 1985 that has not missed a season until this conversion. I can send it to the future SR/SRF/SRF3 museum Erik! ;)
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:01 pm
I ran my Gen 3 at Thunderhill this past weekend. A trip across the scales revealed a 1591 weight. Subtracting for fuel on board it weighs 1561 :D dry with driver. I went to a great effort to get my personal weight and the weight of the car down when it was a Gen 2 so I was happy to see it this close after the conversion. Also with the new tires 12 pounds lighter a set, I'm thinking about weights. Leave the class weight were it it is.
Bob

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:43 pm
See, I knew it, racing makes you skinny. Another benefit of this great sport :D
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3