Gen 3 Rules have been published.

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:59 pm
I have been a bad forum user, its been three weeks since my last login (yes I was raised Catholic):

I'll review how the fan wording rolls through, but I would follow Mr. Breton's thought path...since I wrote the G2 updates and Powertrain Violation sections...that is what I was thinking.

Planned or known revisions:

Redo the front lip on the pan, I think rolling can be allowed (I give up...no more trapped pans and overheated engines would be worth it).

Typo on G2 Oil Filter

Add a required 6" wide orange stripe to the top roll hoop for all GEN3 cars!!! (visible front and rear).

thinking about allowing jump plugs (that connect only to the battery - so there is clearly no other function).

I have a few more clean ups...I'll share soon. THANKS!
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:35 pm
The jump plugs for the battery are a good idea. I have a quick disconnect fitting for a battery tender attached to my battery and threaded into the cockpit so I don't need to remove the nose to connect the battery tender.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:05 pm
Not that anyone else would do this but, I loaded up the Gen3 in the trailer the last race only to find it with a dead battery when I went to unload because I didn't kill the master switch. Not saying anyone else would ever do that though, it's not like I wasn't warned!!!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:33 pm
Eric,
Do you mean G3 oil filter?
Yeah for the battery plug. :D
No to the orange strip. How about a g3 on the tail.
Bob
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:43 pm
What is the Orange strip for?
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:44 pm
Steve Introne wrote:What is the Orange strip for?

I suppose it's so that we can quickly distinguish between the Gen2 and Gen3 cars on track.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 pm
Do we really need to do that? If you are faster you will get by.
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:16 am
Steve Introne wrote:Do we really need to do that? If you are faster you will get by.

I have had a couple of people tell me after races that they were surprised by how quickly my car came up beside them and that they did not realize it was a GEN3 until they heard the exhaust note as I passed. While it won't be pretty, I think the orange stripe or some other identifier on the roll bar is worth considering.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am
peterjank wrote:
Steve Introne wrote:Do we really need to do that? If you are faster you will get by.

I have had a couple of people tell me after races that they were surprised by how quickly my car came up beside them and that they did not realize it was a GEN3 until they heard the exhaust note as I passed. While it won't be pretty, I think the orange stripe or some other identifier on the roll bar is worth considering.

Maybe then we also need a rule that says that a Gen 2 car CANNOT have an orange stripe on it's roll bar? :roll:
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 am
It's gonna need to be bigger than six inches wide on the roll bar to see in easily in the mirrors. How about on the roll bar, tallman struts and 1 1/2 dots on the mirrors?

Also, some roll bars, like mine, are yellow, or orange or another low-contrast color. Whatever is done needs to be easily picked up with a glance in the mirrors.
PreviousNext

Return to Spec Racer Gen3