Gen 3 Rules have been published.

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am
My mirrors are already painted orange. Now I just need a Gen3 engine.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:17 pm
Why is it that the Gen 3 guys have to plaster a bunch of orange stripes on there cars like a bunch of novice drivers? If we have to have something to make ourselves more visable to the Gen 2 guys, then I would prefer a standard graphic be added to the nose (like on the fender area). Maybe something like an arrow graphic or a set of chevrons (like the old American GT cars had). I really think this idea of marking Gen 3 cars is unnecessary.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:29 pm
You are killing me smalls!!!

Seriously, you want me to take the ugliest part of the cars and give them an accent color!!?? Why don't I get Mike on making a GEN3 exhaust that sounds like the 1.9L while I am at it?? :? OH!! I can add back in the tail wheel opening pieces too. 8-)

The stripe was already 6" wide...not long...it has to wrap the bar (I said visible front and back). Mirrors were a discussion, but not color...I'll think about it. They sure stand out, and I was worried about contrast and "full" roll hoops...but you will want to know its a GEN3 from behind at times...or so I am told...a LOT.
Last edited by Erik Skirmants on Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:40 pm
I like the idea of marking the mirrors or the option of painting the mirrors some color that can't be missed.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 pm
Please do keep sharing options and opinions...but seriously, this is the #1 call / email subject I have had all year (WAY more than the R&P).

As for Rookie status ....EVERY new SRF3 driver is a rookie and will drive like it, maybe for a session, maybe for months...and they will make mistakes. Some smooth and fast SRF pilots will suck in SRF3's out of the box. Mark my words, this is a fact. GEN3's are a serious step up. :ugeek:

If we do nothing the first time you get run over in a mixed group by a sedan driver who says "Spec Racers" don't catch me there...please do not call me! ;)
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm
Make the stripe as wide as possible - it won't hurt to put the camera mount over the stripe - when looking in the mirrors it will be quicker and easier to look at the top of the roll bar than the front of the nose or the mirrors which are smaller.

Erik - it goes without saying to please use the lightest weight stripe possible!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 pm
claysylvester wrote:Erik - it goes without saying to please use the lightest weight stripe possible!

Clay wants the option of tying orange helium balloons all over his roll bar.

H.(I opt for orange lead paint...three coats)B.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:19 pm
Lmfao all this over a 6 inch wide strip wtf live with it. Use your mirrors to see what's coming. Erik has enough things to worry about let it be the way he decided.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:39 pm
Hal - You know lead affects you reproductive organ, don't you?

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:51 am
Here's a thought, how about a single marker light on the front section of a Gen 3, shouldn't be to hard to do
maybe someone mentioned that on an earlier reply,
PreviousNext

Return to Spec Racer Gen3