Gen3 Manual on iPads

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:47 pm
Just a note to save some paper on your conversion manual. You can copy pdfs to your laptop to view. However, if you have an iPad, it is less straight forward. Send the pdf to yourself in an email, open the email and pdf on your iPad, tap the screen once and then tap the box with a vertical arrow through the top (upper right hand corner of screen) and select open in Kindle. The manual will now be stored on your iPad in the Kindle library. (You can download the Kindle app free at the Amazon site.)

The nice thing is that you can enlarge the images on your screen when needed and change pages (even with your greasy fingers). Also, it saves on reprinting the manual as the updates are made.

DaveP
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 pm
Easier than that. I happened to have Erik's last email on my iPad, so I just selected the manual link to open the document. Tap the document and the "Open with iBooks" prompt will appears. Click that and the manual is saved in iBooks for offline access (searchable, too)
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:20 pm
You can also load an iPad with a .pdf by dragging the file to iTunes and syncing the iPad.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:41 pm
Sounds like there are going to be a bunch of dirty iPads. :)
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:10 pm
Amen!

DaveP

Return to Spec Racer Gen3