Gen3 rules

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:56 pm
There has been a discussion elsewhere about season points starting after the Runoffs but prior to the first of the year. What it boiled down to the the rule set. Not only would this affect us but other classes whose rules change at the first of the year. Anyways the decision was not to allow it.

In reality how many people have both the Gen 2 and Gen 3 at their disposal to qualify for both classes? Additionally be careful what you as for. I don't see regions giving us both separate run groups and the first year at least the Gen 3's will be in the minority and will end up running with some other group which we know how well we like to do that.
Bob
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 am
SRF49 wrote:In reality how many people have both the Gen 2 and Gen 3 at their disposal to qualify for both classes? Additionally be careful what you as for. I don't see regions giving us both separate run groups and the first year at least the Gen 3's will be in the minority and will end up running with some other group which we know how well we like to do that.
Bob

My understanding is that there are at least six drivers, including myself, that have expressed interest in running both the Gen 2 and Gen 3 at the RunOffs if there are separate races for the two classes at the RunOffs. I don't know who the others are or how they plan on qualifying. My plan is to run seven distinct Major weekends next year with four in the Gen 3 and three in the Gen 2. My primary focus will be the Gen 3, so if it looks like there won't be separate RunOffs races I'm likely to either change the Majors I planned to run in the Gen 2 to Gen 3 races or simply drop them from my schedule all together.

I agree that regions are unlikely to provide separate run groups for our two classes and that trying to separate them at the Divisional or Major level is not good for our class(es) in the long run. However, I also think it would be a good idea to race separately at the RunOffs and that both classes would have plenty of cars to put on great races.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:38 pm
maybe we can convert them back and forth between sessions like the production guys. ;)
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:12 am
dave wrote:maybe we can convert them back and forth between sessions like the production guys. ;)

All you would need would be different color roll hoops.

H.(...and some other stuff)B.
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3