Gen3 rules

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:01 pm
Just wondering when the rules will take some kind of effect. I set up our cars to weight min. 1580 and orange tape on roll bar,spec. Goodyear tires. For the first 2015 race. Well found out that none applied.
Not complaining that we got beat by Tray,he would have kicked our butt on street tires but the Pirelli's were fast and Steve Pence was on Cooper's and they were fast. My drivers looked at me like where are our Pirelli's or Cooper's. We did not have that choice. We had to run Spec. Goodyears,removed weights(not perfered to setup) I just think that when we go to a Race be it SARRC,Major or what have you that we should all be spec. as class calls for. Leave testing for test day not race day. This only makes it fair for those who dont get test stuff. Am I out of line here. Just need something to tell my drivers. How would some of you guys, ones that do not get test stuff feel about going to a 2015 race to find out someone eles has something better then you and are faster due to what the have. SARRC awarded points for 2014 because they ran enough races to qualifiy for SARRC points and will this year too. I want my drivers to have the best and not be out run by something I can not buy spec. :?:
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:41 am
tonyrn99 wrote:Just wondering when the rules will take some kind of effect. I set up our cars to weight min. 1580 and orange tape on roll bar,spec. Goodyear tires. For the first 2015 race. Well found out that none applied.
Not complaining that we got beat by Tray,he would have kicked our butt on street tires but the Pirelli's were fast and Steve Pence was on Cooper's and they were fast. My drivers looked at me like where are our Pirelli's or Cooper's. We did not have that choice. We had to run Spec. Goodyears,removed weights(not perfered to setup) I just think that when we go to a Race be it SARRC,Major or what have you that we should all be spec. as class calls for. Leave testing for test day not race day. This only makes it fair for those who dont get test stuff. Am I out of line here. Just need something to tell my drivers. How would some of you guys, ones that do not get test stuff feel about going to a 2015 race to find out someone eles has something better then you and are faster due to what the have. SARRC awarded points for 2014 because they ran enough races to qualifiy for SARRC points and will this year too. I want my drivers to have the best and not be out run by something I can not buy spec. :?:

I'm with you on that.
I'm don't have time to look up the rules for the demonstration year, but it seems like there were provisions saying there were to be no points or lap records recorded.
Seems like they would have to accommodate stuff that was still in flux, but stuff like tires and things, no way.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:15 am
Tony - the rules for SRF3 do not take effect until 1/1/15. Until then, the class is running in "exhibition mode" which means there really are no rules. The fact that some races (such as Goblins Go or Turkey Trot) are part of 2015 championships does not affect that status.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:49 pm
Well I guess I'm at a loss. I'm sure it will bite me. So no rules anything goes. Still will be a winner at each race in Gen3 class. Points are being awarded. Ok you guys everyone all in? No rules here we go. We all want to win right? That is why we race right. I'm up for that just want to be told when we all have to be right.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:01 pm
Play all you want for the next two months...just make sure you are legal to Gen 3 rule for races starting in January 2015.
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:04 pm
I don't know how exhibition classes work. Would the class rules be found in the supps?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:08 pm
thequick wrote:I don't know how exhibition classes work. Would the class rules be found in the supps?

Seems pretty damn clear to me:
For 2014 only, Cars are allowed to use the GEN
3 SRF package installed as delivered from SCCA Enterprises in non-Majorsraces only. GEN3 equipped cars must otherwise complywith SRF rules and current safety requirements. GEN3 cars are being allowed to run in SRFfor testing purposes only and will notbe eligible for points, trophies, or finishing positions.
However, drivers can receive race finish credit towards license renewal (i.e. it is
appropriate to score them behind all compliant finishers).
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:27 pm
Looks like someone missed that the 2015 year actually starts in late 2014

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:58 pm
Well this is what I have seen and watched go down. I have seen on central florida region scca web site shows Tray with Daytona SRF3 track record. Was there as it went down. I seen my drivers stand on podium with trophies SRF3. Under SEDIV 2014 final points class SRF3 awarded points. At the first race I first talked about have pic's from podium with Tray on top and our cars 2nd and 3rd with trophies in hand. So I don't know what that stuff you posted even means. Thats why I started this. It is a class,they do give out trophies and points. There is no difference from where I been standing. Just no rules. Run what you want to win.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:24 pm
Tony - I think Dave's post quoting the rules is pretty clear. SEDiv and CFR have both sort of recognized the class and give trophies though CFR does not keep points for SRF 3.

I know that when I've run my Gen3 it has been legal to Dave's rules quote and I believe that's been true of all of the PM cars. I think that rule quote was probably intended to keep Gen3 cars from beinv scored as s SRF rather than Gen3 vs Gen3.

We already have 7 entered for the Turkey trot and I suspect we'll have twice that by thanksgiving.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Next

Return to Spec Racer Gen3