Can somebody explain this paragraph?

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:03 pm
From the most recent SRF rules:

All SRF3 cars must have an orange stripe around the tallman portion of the roll
hoop, at least 12” wide. Cars with rollhoops of non contrasting colors must wrap
a 1” black stripe, at least 12” apart, to segment the center section.

Can somebody post a photo illustrating the meaning of this? I'm afraid I fail to envision this. Thanks.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:23 am
I think the idea is to paint or wrap in tape a 12" length of the top tube of the roll bar in orange to visibly distinguish GEN3 cars from non-GEN3 cars. If your roll bar is already orange or a similarly bright color, they want you to use black tape or to paint stripes at least 1" wide to outline the 12" length of the top tube that is orange to better distinguish the 12" orange section from the remainder of your roll bar.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:55 am
Is there anything in the rules that would preclude me from keeping my Gen2 hoop orange?

H.(Gen3 wanna' be)B.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:46 am
Leave off the black stripes required on the Gen3 on orange rollbars and you should be OK. Wave when a Gen 2 let's you by thinking you're a Gen3, though... :lol:
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:57 pm
breton wrote: Wave when a Gen 2 let's you by thinking you're a Gen3, though... :lol:

Oh...c'mon, man!

H.(gonna' need a new plan, now)B.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
11&245
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:37 pm
I remember back in the Renault-to-Ford days almost getting hosed at Watkins Glen when a car finally caught up to me on the last lap of the race. I figured I'd let him by because I could see the outline of the oil cooler duct on the top of the right side of his center section in the mirror. I say I "almost" pointed him by because he was an "SRF" until I realized who it was and remembered that he was driving a Renault that weekend. Needless to say when I didn't aquiesce the spot he took me off the track and through the pea-stone 3 corners from the end. He had painted the oil cooler scoop on the center section to dupe those unaware. So be forewarned! Old age and treachery...etc, etc...
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:45 pm
Dave - I did not know that Devol painted his car to look like an SRF in those days :lol:
Just teasing Bob! Happy New Year!
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:31 am
markfickenscher wrote:Dave - I did not know that Devol painted his car to look like an SRF in those days :lol:
Just teasing Bob! Happy New Year!

In those days, Mark, your problem was not getting that sometimes the absence of yellow means green. (Heh, heh...) Sorry, folks, inside joke.

Return to Spec Racer Gen3