Log book Gen 3 converesion

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:01 pm
Just finishing our conversion. Do we continue to use the srf logbook? My annual inspection is good until July. Are we required to have a new annual because of the change? My guess is no, but I could see a case made for it. Pat

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:01 pm
This was the response I got from Enterprises when I asked them the very same questions not so long ago. In my case I had just gotten a replacement logbook which explains the reference to the new book.

"You can still continue to use your old book and there is no need to get another annual. When your new book is full be sure to inform us of the fact that you have converted to a GEN3 so we can send you the new book."
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Just got a new log book as my SRF book was about filled up and did get a nice new Gen 3 log book. The old "specification" page is now <blank>, though. Guess I need to put in some new pictures with my day-glo roll-bar tape and the "3" on the side... ;-)
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:24 pm
Thanks for the information. I just wanted to make sure. Didn't want to to go to our first race and have a problem. I have found at times that some of those doing the annual aren't familiar with various changes. Last year I was told my oil cooler back vent was not legal as it didn't have a screen. They weren't aware of the the new vent, which by the way has to have been around for maybe 10 years. It has never prevented me from competing, but don't want the hassle.

Pat

Return to Spec Racer Gen3