Reusable air filter

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:11 am
You need to be careful not to over-oil the filter and also to let it dry properly. You don't want to run this type of filter dry as it seriously affects the filtration. This is a "spec" item so no substitutes allowed, either.

I'm finding I need to clean it more often (if you have an "off" and the car is dirty, most likely the filter is as well.) You may want to consider keeping a spare that you can rotate so you don't have to go through the clean/rinse/spray/dry cycle between sessions if you get it seriously dirty.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:08 pm
Just in case anyone was wondering there isn't any difference between the blue and red oil. Just a different color and Airaid recommended the red as it's easier to see and the color lasts longer.

Kit Part number is AIRAID 790-551

Was only $11.11 on my order?

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:17 am
breton wrote:I'm finding I need to clean it more often (if you have an "off" and the car is dirty, most likely the filter is as well.) You may want to consider keeping a spare that you can rotate so you don't have to go through the clean/rinse/spray/dry cycle between sessions if you get it seriously dirty.

I tow on an open trailer, and have seen a lot of dirt enter while towing. I'm going to stuff a rag in there from now on. A very visible rag.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:21 am
Greg- Like you I tow open trailer also. I have used an old freezer bag stuffed with soft rags in the old air intake on the center section on my Gen2 and with my Gen3 now I just switched to the other side. The rags are very visible (orange) and keep water and other road crap out of our air intake system.
I've used Air Aide cleaner once already and it works great. I also have an old spraycan of K&N oil I think is still good to use on our air filters.
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 3:41 pm
Mark if it were me using open trailer, I would plug the exhaust as well. Most motorcycle guys using open trailers plug the exhaust. That way if an open cylinder, the air can not be suck back into the engine.
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3