Fick the Fiberglass Guy and His Gen3

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 pm
As some of you know, I am one of the original owners of my SR (June, 1985, chassis 244) and have stayed with the same chassis through 18 years of Gen2 and now a proud owner/driver of my Gen3.
I just returned from the MARRS/SARRC VIR regional this past weekend. First of all, put this track on your bucket list if you have never raced there...it is a premo facility and a fantastic track to put your SRF/SRF3 on!
Now my reactions on my first ride in my Gen3. I read with anticipation and nervousness everyone's inputs on this new powerplant. I have to admit, I was wondering if my 63 year old body could handle the Gen3 (and VIR). My Gen2 was like an old pair of shoes - comfortable and fun to drive with no surprises.
Well I can safely say now - I am never looking back after driving my Gen3! My wow factor never went away! This conversion brought back the FUN of my Renault with mega steroids. I honestly feel like a much younger driver in this car! It has a fantastic feel to it overall. The spunk this engine and handling has is indescribable! Braking is predictable and it has not surprised me so far on any handling issues. (I know I am not stressing it yet too). I laughed at my nervousness (which I am told is good) and couldn't wait to get back into it every session. My only bonehead move was to run out of gas in the paddock area after qualifying on Saturday (thank you Mark Dominey and family for the push). I can see why there is so much interest and participation in the Gen3 now that mine is on the track.
I tip my hat to Mike Davies, Erik and the gang at Enterprises as well as my friends at Alliance Autosport, Elite Autosport and Motion Dynamics for their help, service and advice. I did my own conversion, but their input was very invaluable.
I am so looking forward to more races as the year goes on and guys, trust me when I tell ya, it's a blast!! :D :D :D
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:09 pm
Mark

You forgot to thank all the guys who smashed up all that fiberglass and paid for your conversion :lol: I know I did my share

Mark has been to my house so many times in the last six months my dog doesn't bark at his truck anymore and he still misses the driveway everytime!
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:52 pm
Wait come to think of it

I smashed them up and Jeff paid to fix them...I should get a commission :roll:
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:47 pm
I don't have room on my car Lee for all my "sponsors" that helped pay for the conversion but I thank you all. ;) Now I need a bigger trailer to haul all the fiberglass to and fro :)
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'

Return to Spec Racer Gen3