Gen 3 maintenance

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:23 am
Thanks Bill. Looking forward to racing with you this weekend.

Thanks Dave. Definitely not a job I would want :)

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:32 am
Thanks everyone. Will give it a try.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:11 pm
Note that the PE-3 logs data internally and you can configure, access and download by installing the latest Gen3 version (v37 as I recall). I don't thing Enterprises has published the link on their web site (hint, hint!) but you should be able to get the latest version from your CSR or Davies. BTW, you really want to be on this version as it significantly softens the effect hitting the rev limiter. Note that this is not the same as the software downloads referenced on the pe-ltd site for the PE-3.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:11 am
Bob, we do need to install the new version and hopefully we can get the information we need. When we first installed the engine, we didn't have idle issues. During our last race weekend the engine wouldn't idle much below 2500 RPM, which made it interesting to operate. Mike suggested the last update would take care of this and we will download it before our next race.

When getting the engine information from the ecu and not a data logger, I am curious as to how it works. Does it need to be reset? Does it store it for a specific time period? One nice thing about getting it from a data recorder is that you can identify it by session and then delete it, if you want. I doubt this option is available by downloading it to my pc from the ecu, but don't know at this point.

I did ask the vendor if there was a manual that explains the paths to the information and they said they would check and call me back. They never did. The manual on their web site in my mind is of little help.

I checked with AIM and unfortunately my old AIM will not log data from the ECU, so I definitely need to download it on my pc from the ecu.

Pat
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:37 pm
Pat, one downside to downloading the data from the ECU is that the information is reported as a continuous stream from engine start to engine stop. To associate data with a particular lap, you need to be able to identify the start and end of the lap in terms of time from the beginning of the session/when you started the engine.
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3