NEW SHIFTER ROD - ORIENTATION?

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:21 pm
I'm in the midst of my Gen 3 conversation. Rather than experimenting with various orientations - can someone tell me or show me how this new shifter shaft is oriented? I'm assuming it gets put in prior to the engine install, so I'm not sure what the new bends are meant to avoid.
Last edited by kurtbob on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Accelracetek-285423508982
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:25 am
The bent shift shaft can go in after the motor is installed. I just put in one today and you probably can't put it in wrong. The bend goes to the left or drivers side of the car to clear the oil pan. You could put it in before the motor but you will have to make sure it is in the correct position when lowering the motor or you can hit the pan. FYI, we have our version of the GEN3 conversion manual if you are interested, it can be downloaded by going to http://www.accelracetek.com/conversion-manual-gen3/

Bruce
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:15 am
Thanks Bruce.

I am using your manual - I especially like the subassembly sections. The manual was silent on exactly how the shaft goes in. I figured the straight part of the shaft was in the front, but wasn't sure. Then I wasn't sure whether the shaft bent to drivers left, drivers right or maybe even downward. I think I will wait to put it in until after the engine is in.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 am
Bruce - I took a quick look at your conversion manual and it appears to be MUCH improved. I wish it was available when I did my conversion! I was thinking about doing the same to help the guys, like me, who aren’t CSRs or have lots of experience and want to tackle the conversion themselves. I offered to take a shot at making updates and corrections and adding better photos to Nikki and Mike, but they didn’t seem to be overly excited about my offer, so I never got around to it.

Nice job and kudos to you to offer your manual to others at no charge.

Return to Spec Racer Gen3