Gen3 Dash System Recommendations

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:00 am
One of the best analysis tools I've found when coaching is to do an overlay of the throttle position around comparative laps, along with the delta of where time is gained or lost. Just viewing that alone will tell you about all you need to know to figure out how to go faster.

GPS track maps are OK for generally understanding where the car is located on the track, but they lack the granularity and perspective of a video, which is why I much prefer to see a lap from a video perspective where it will be clearer where the car is on the track and how well they're hitting the brake, turn-in, apex, and track out points. This is especially helpful in lead/follow as in-car videos tend to be too high to give a precise view of the cars track position at the limit (and misses all the action behind like brake lockup and squirm.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am
Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I've had a few PM's on top of the replies above. Every one of them is for AIM. Looks like $1600 for an EVO4S w Gdash package, which is doable. Thank you for all of your input.

40mph winds, sleet followed by 10" of snow in MN today... Can't wait for race season to arrive! See you out there!

-Patrick

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:39 pm
Patrick,

You may have to purchase the new Gen3 dash for about 100 dollars. I think it is a spec item, so you can
not just place a piece of aluminum over the Gen2. Watch the AIM the Training videos, Have fun.
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3