Gen3 and 93 octane gas

Check out the latest version of the Spec Racer! LBoth ligher weight and more powerful!!! Available soon, racing in 2015!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:33 am
Mike:

Are the Gen3s test cars all 1.9L conversions, new-in-box, or a combination? I was wondering if the test program is considering the impact of the added HP on older transmissions and shafts. I can't wait to see/hear the first one on track.
Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion
Chassis:
247-1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:54 pm
The R&D cars are a mix of "as run" converted cars and "frame off" rebuilds...I can not give the date of the first new "GEN3 car kit". But even then it will be a remanufactured box, there are no complete brand new gear boxes. The R&D program is meant to expose short comings, so we can perfect the "Kit" before you buy it.
I raced the Renault from the first full season of racing, Raced and worked with the Roush 1.9 conversion from the beginning as well.
It's my opinion, that if we released the GEN3 kit tomorrow... it's as good or better sorted than both the Renault and Roush at release. I'm not saying it doesn't have issues to be worked on... Again the reason we are doing the R&D program and holding the release of the Kits.

We have been 100% open with all of the testing, both positive and negative....As our sample size increases so does the quality of the GEN3 Kit.
Mike Davies
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:04 am
If we're voting, I'd like to see it run equally well on 93 that we get in TX and the 91 that seems to be common in OK. And tolerance for corn subsidy gas (ethanol) up to 15% would be great for folks that liek to just buy a few 5 gallon jugs of plain old gas on the way to the track instead of having to mix in track gas.
Of course, as long as the rules are the same for everyone it's just a matter of convenience and I'll take whatever is necessary for reliability.
Previous

Return to Spec Racer Gen3