Sequential Gearbox Upgrade

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:53 am
Latest report from SCCA-E:

============================================
SADEV-SRF3 Update:

As of the 1st of January, Enterprises has delivered 105 SADEV-SRF3 gearboxes. 78 gearboxes were delivered to drivers in late November and December 2021. There have been delays in the SADEV shipments to Enterprises due to the Covid-19 outbreak in France which has reduced their workforce to produce SADEV gearboxes.

There are about 125 orders remaining for the SADEV-SRF3 gearbox. The order list is time stamped when the 1st deposit was received. Drivers on the order list will be notified 2-3 weeks prior to the gearboxes being received by Enterprises. Once received, Enterprises can turn the geaboxes around within a few days of receipt.

After speaking with SADEV today, we are expecting 40 gearboxes to be received over the next 4 weeks. Then 40-50 gearboxes to be received by April 1st and another 40-50 to be received by May 15th. SADEV will make every effort to speed up the deliveries but this is the current schedule, subject to change.

Also, there has been interest by drivers in relocating the pedals to allow for easier left foot braking with the SADEV gearbox. At this time, there will not be a pedal change in 2022. You can speak with your CSR about the decision to keep the current pedal configuration.
===============================================

My commentary: Some useful stats. There are a total of 230 ordered to date. So I assume a lot of folks decided to stick with the H-pattern box. Of the 125 ordered and undelivered, some are coming in late February, but the last tranche may not be here until May. Ouch.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:08 pm
charliem wrote:
Jisu Kim wrote:Does anyone have pictures of the blipper mechanism and adjuster?

I added some pictures of the auto-blip mechanism to the google drive folder I posted earlier. Also added some some pics of the wiring changes.

Adjustment is done by moving the cable housing using barrel adjusters, just like a bike. Well, like an old bike, before they all went to disk brakes.

Thanks again for the pictures Charlie. Did the mechanism come with gearbox, i.e. did you have to order it separately?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
880-2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:16 am
It comes with the gearbox.
I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence - Senna

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:26 pm
Cool, thanks

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:42 am
Things I learned running the Sadev this past weekend:
The blipper needs to be adjusted to have the right amount of tension, and the cable can stretch a little with early use and extreme temperature change.
You must make decisive, hard shifts. Don’t baby it.
Your CSR will need to update your ecu firmware to get the SRF_GEAR CAN channel to work, and that will also get you shift without lift. Without it you will need to breath the throttle a hair to unload the gears to make upshifts, especially if there is any cornering load.
It’s great fun and has allowed me to make the switch to left foot braking after a weekend of use.
Second gear is a little bit taller so you can use it in slowish corners that you previously would have had to roll in the bottom of third. For a good driver (not me) that is probably the most decisive performance improvement. For any driver the faster shifts make a few tenths around most tracks. For me, I occasionally lost a lot more time than I gained on mistakes but that should change as I get more used to it and keep the cable in adjustment. Like a bike shifter, it should reach a stable point after a couple weekends.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:07 pm
Thanks for the writeup. I'm very curious to check it out.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Quick recommendation for when you get your Sadev:
1) don't take it on track until you have flat shift
2) if you plan to use the auto-blipper, start with the auto-blipper.

Just my .02.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:05 pm
Racer X wrote:Quick recommendation for when you get your Sadev:
1) don't take it on track until you have flat shift
2) if you plan to use the auto-blipper, start with the auto-blipper.

Just my .02.

I've likely missed some things with the transmission roll out. Does "flat shift" come with the transmission or is a separate update? Something to do with the map? Any clarification would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Oops. Reread some of the earlier posts. Never mind.
Last edited by Jim Nash on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:04 pm
Greg-Cirillo wrote:Latest report from SCCA-E:

============================================
SADEV-SRF3 Update:

As of the 1st of January, Enterprises has delivered 105 SADEV-SRF3 gearboxes. 78 gearboxes were delivered to drivers in late November and December 2021. There have been delays in the SADEV shipments to Enterprises due to the Covid-19 outbreak in France which has reduced their workforce to produce SADEV gearboxes.

It appears my math is off. I am currently #95 on the list and my SADEV is still in France. I really, really, really don't want to put the 5-speed back in the car.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
880-2
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 pm
A short video of the SADEV transmission WITHOUT the blipper.

I am firmly in the Anti-Blipper camp.

https://youtu.be/1lZSvSv_QNM
I have no idols. I admire work, dedication, and competence - Senna
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions