Rain Tires for Thunderhill National

All things specracer!

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
865, 91, 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:25 pm
If you want the new rains, don't have them, and will be racing at Thunderhill, you need to order them now.

Rod S
SRF 38
SF Region

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm
You're not telling me its going to rain that weekend are you? Its been raining for 3 years in Portland, or at least seems like it, so we were going South for a late winter vacation. Now you tell me its going to rain. Tell me it ain't so.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
865, 91, 3
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:41 pm
Actually, me buying rain tires Normally keeps it from raining.

But honestly, I have not looked at a long range forecast. The fact that it has only rained four or five days this year leads me to believe we are well overdue for a big soaking...

Rod S
SRF 38
SF Region
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:13 am
I want you guys to know for the first time in years I'm not coming down for the March DN precisely because I don't want to buy new rains yet. So my not coming down to avoid the cost of new rains should guarantee dry weather for you. You should appreciate my sacrifice.

And if it should rain on the SRF sessions, come on up to Portland Rose Cup or our July Double Nat/SuperTour weekend and I'll buy the first round of beers! How's that for an offer?

PS I'm going to gamble that for the 3 Oregon Nationals this year it stays dry!!!!
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region

Return to General Discussions