Pacific Northwest Racing Opportunities

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:35 pm
Folks, 3 good opportunities to race in the Pacific NW this year.

June 15-17 is our Rose Cup Race it's a Double Regional and Spec Racer Ford will be the Festival trophy feature race with a 40-45 minute race. Yes it’s the weekend after Laguna but so what, come on up!

Then there is our July Double National with SCCA Super Tour the weekend of July 13-15. This will be a straight up Double National with the added SuperTour "glitz" of live timing, awards, bonus points etc.

Both of the above weekends will be at PIR with chicane. Both weekend have test days in front of them if you want to participate.

Finally in July 28-29, 2 weeks after the Double National is an SCCA Double Regional race weekend co-sanctioned by Oregon and Northwest region on a brand new track. The Ridge Motorsports Park at Shelton WA, about 2 hours NW of Portland, just NW of Olympia WA. This track is going thru the review and SCCA certification process now. The link below was shot in December, a charity event and first track day. Just the track in place, no grooming, very few barriers, but the rest of the infrastructure is coming along fine. The Ridge promises to be a very nice race track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDikbw8RQyM

And track info: http://www.ridgemotorsportspark.com/

You can come up for the Double National and we can arrange parking for your rig for the 2 weeks in between races.

Come on up, learn a new track!

PS for those following the E30 grouped with SRF thread, note the Pro3 in the way of the Spec Miata :(
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:24 pm
Wowser...you gots you a Corkscrew there !
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:42 pm
The track looks real interesting. Hopefully they get certified. The issue may be the pine trees that are close to the track. Need to figure out how to tie one of their races with one of Portland's. In other words how to kill about 10 days in the Seattle/Portland area. As my wife says, not a problem.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 am
SRF49 wrote:The track looks real interesting. Hopefully they get certified. The issue may be the pine trees that are close to the track. Need to figure out how to tie one of their races with one of Portland's. In other words how to kill about 10 days in the Seattle/Portland area. As my wife says, not a problem.

Not to worry those trees are Douglas Fir. That's a soft wood, not hardwood like oak :lol:
They will get protected and approprate barriers.

If you need a place to store car trailer while you wander around the NW in your motorhome in between races, I'll offer my place for storage. I'm about 1 hour from PIR and less than 3 hours from The Ridge.
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:07 pm
Todd, Glad to see the trees will be taken care of. You had offered storage in the past so the idea was being considered. Thanks again for the offer. We'll just have to see how the car, money and gas prices work out later in the season. Hopefully, I can make it up there for at least one race with you guys this season. Are you coming to the Nationals?
Although I don't live in the city limits, the city and county of Sacramento have an agreement for helicopter support, so I want to thank your city for the helicopter you just sent us. I understand you donated it to the city of Sacramento.
Bob

Return to General Discussions