STORMS A CUMMIN AT TWS

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 am
THERE IS ALMOST NO DOUBT THAT THERE WILL BE A SHORTAGE OF NEW RAINS FOR THIS WEEKEND AT TWS. SINCE THE FORCAST IS FOR RAIN ALL WEEKEND OUR CHALLENGE WILL BE TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION THAT ALLOWS EVERYONE TO RACE ON AN EQUAL FOOTING. DAVE PERKINS HAS ALREADY SENT E-MAILS TO MOST PEOPLE AND I WILL JUST REITERATE WHAT HE SAID. BRING YOUR OLD RAINS.

WE MUST BUY THE NEW RAINS THAT MIKE SAUCE IS BRINGING IN THAT'S A FACT. BUT WE DON'T HAVE TO RUN THEM. IF EVERYONE HAS OLD STYLE I'M SURE WE CAN CONVINCE THE STEWARDS TO ALLOW THAT. OR WE MIGHT ALLOCATE AN EQUAL NUMBER TO EVERYONE THAT WANTS THEM AND RUN 2 NEW AND TWO OLD. DAVE PERKINS, ROBEY CLARK AND MYSELF WILL DO OUR BEST TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION THAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO ALL. MY EXPERIENCE WITH STEWARDS IS THAT IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AND A SOLUTION THAT IS ACCEPTABLE TO ALL THEY WILL WORK WITH US. LOOK FOR A MEETING TOMORROW TO ADRESS THIS ISSUE AND COME UP WITH A DIFINITIVE SOLUTION.

THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW WHAT THIS GROUP IS MADE OF. WE WILL WORK IT OUT. SEE YOU THERE

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:35 pm
Chris:
Sure looks like the easiest, most fair solution is to use the old rains.
See you there.
Steve
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm
Or everyone drives on slicks! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:03 pm
I'M GOOD WITH OLD RAINS, DON'T KNOW ABOUT SLICKS? ALTHOUGH I'M SURE THAT ENTERPRISES WOULD LOVE THAT. IT'S CALLED CRASH FLOW. SEE YOU THERE AND WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:00 pm
The forecast I'm looking at right now shows more rain Saturday than Sunday, so hopefully my old used rains could last through a Saturday wet race and have something left for Sunday.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:25 pm
At the expesne of a future event....Goodyear will have 98 rains tires on site (after 18 arrive Friday from Florida), for the 94 preordered.

As Chris points out so well, only in SRF could the community solve its own problems...and I am sure it would have...but now it looks as though that is not necessary (for TWS that is).
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:40 pm
Erik:
That's great. But i was looking forward to getting one more weekend out of my old rains!
(of course, we'll bitch about anything, even a postitive outcome!)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:23 pm
I totally understand....but to run on the old ones....during Doug's triumphant return weekend, is sacrilege! However, the philanthropic amongst you will be called to donate your lightly loved old tires and send them to the less fortunate (SEDiv for the Road Atlanta Double National….yes seriously!)
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 am
Right now the weather looks abyssmal... "Heavy T-storms" both days, 70% and 80%. It's going to be a real baptism by fire for the new rains. I sincerely hope the new compound isn't as hard as the dries. Do we know for a fact that is the case?
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 pm
If I tell you what they are, you will feel what you think you feel...if I let you try them, you will feel what the car actually tells you is reality...just try them...please.
Erik
SCCA Enterprises
Next

Return to General Discussions