Finally -- A Great Racing Movie?

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:17 am
Could be, with Ron Howard and an all-star team now shooting principal photography for Rush, the story of the epic Lauda/Hunt F1 1976 championship battle. This could be it, folks, a proper auto racing movie with a great story. No word here on release date. I'm guessing it'll be either Memorial Day or holiday time, 2013. Could be in Manhattan at the Ziegfeld Theater (best screen in the city) the week of the first Grand Prix across the river?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120311/F1/120319987
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 pm
So, "Grand Prix" isn't great? Shots of the old Belgian road course and the banking at Monza! Great story? Yves Montand trying to get in Eva Marie Saint's pants...... errr... ok, GREAT in-car footage!

BTW, the movie is also current. When Eva's character comments about fans not being able to see the whole race, which wouldn't fly in America. All those people investing in U.S. F1 concerns should take note. :roll:
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm
Duhhh wrote:So, "Grand Prix" isn't great? Shots of the old Belgian road course and the banking at Monza! Great story? Yves Montand trying to get in Eva Marie Saint's pants...... errr... ok, GREAT in-car footage!

BTW, the movie is also current. When Eva's character comments about fans not being able to see the whole race, which wouldn't fly in America. All those people investing in U.S. F1 concerns should take note. :roll:

Great cinematography -- yes! I LOVE that stuff, breakthrough work -- could watch it again and again. Great story? Which is at least half the equation of a great movie, absolutely not. Not even close. The Hunt/Lauda story in Ron Howard's hands has an excellent shot at greatness. With, I'm sure, great cinematography, too.
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm
If he picks up quarters with his tires, I'm OUT!

Return to General Discussions