CoTA Race 2016

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:23 pm
I happened to attend a Speedventures DE event at CoTA earlier this year (love the track and since I can't race there . . . .) and to my surprise, they also had a couple of race groups that had simply bought time. So I contacted SV earlier this year and asked them to tell me what the cost and date would be for an SRF race. They now have a CoTA date and have advised that they will host an SRF race at CoTA and the basic info is:

Date: April 29-May 1, 2016
Cost: $1635

Yup, expensive and it would not be an SCCA race, just a race for the hell of it. I don't know if enough folks would pony up the funds (probably need at least 30 entries to make it work), but thought I'd put it out there.

We'd basically run the race any way we want, with many options for format, session and race duration, etc. And the more people who attend, the more track time we get because of the curious CoTA pricing model that is based on fixed number of participants (e.g. if our group was 25% of the total 160 person limit, we'd have the leverage to ask for 2 hours per day) The price above is cost, I have no financial incentive.

The biggest issue is that we need to commit within 2 weeks or the option will evaporate when SV opens registration. Maybe SCCA will get a CoTA race in 2016, in which case do that, but if folks want to do CoTA it's just plain expensive (cheapest I've ever run even a DE is $500/day and generally more).

And by commit I mean pay money.

So is there enough interest?

Return to General Discussions