COTA March 24-26 2017

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:35 pm
WOW! 77 cars in less than 30 minutes registered. Glad I set my alarm to remind me!
Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:48 pm
Congrats to Group 3 for SRF/SRF3 - you guys had the best race of registration. Hopefully they are able to let in the extra cars and that will get almost all of you (so far) into the show.

I ran COTA the first time several years ago and if you haven't raced there, it's a great track. Have fun!

Brian
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:44 pm
Bobby Sak wrote:WOW! 77 cars in less than 30 minutes registered. Glad I set my alarm to remind me!

I started registration immediately and by the time I got done 2 minutes later, I was on the wait list. The list stood at 73 by that point.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:45 am
I tried registering immediately but the race didn't show up in motorsportsreg until several minutes later so I ended up 66th or so... By the supps I think Kurt and I are in but they haven't billed me yet.
A modest proposal to boost total registration... group SRF with the production guys which only stand at 15 entries so far. I know it's not fun to run with the "big" cars but IMO it's easier than running in a 75+ car field. I've done both. Luckily if the grouping stands, there are a couple long straights that should let things get sorted out between us.

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/YawMomentRacing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:49 pm
pmiranda wrote:I tried registering immediately but the race didn't show up in motorsportsreg until several minutes later so I ended up 66th or so... By the supps I think Kurt and I are in but they haven't billed me yet.
A modest proposal to boost total registration... group SRF with the production guys which only stand at 15 entries so far. I know it's not fun to run with the "big" cars but IMO it's easier than running in a 75+ car field. I've done both. Luckily if the grouping stands, there are a couple long straights that should let things get sorted out between us.

If SRF is grouped with Prod/GTL, do you think it would be best to ask for a split start separating SRF from Prod/GTL? When Touring ran with Prod last year at several Majors, we had split starts (Slicks / DOT split) and it made the first few laps a bit easier I think.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:14 am
Looks like a split start is the plan:

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your opinion and help in making this event work for the greatest number of drivers possible.
The majority of the responding drivers have approved the suggested group changes.

The new schedule will be just as stated.

Group 3 will split out the SRFs. It will now be solely SRF3s.
Group 4 is the previous Group 5 moved up one slot to Group 4.
Group 5 is the previous Group 4 moved back one slot and adding SRFs.

Please note there has been a split start added to group 5 to separate the SRFs from the GTLs & Prod cars.

Group 1 SM
Group 2 GT1, GT2, GT3, AS, T1
Group 3 SRF3
Group 4 STL, STU, T2,T3,T4, B-Spec
Group 5 EP,FP, HP, GTL, & SRF (Split Start)
Group 6 FA, FB, FC, FE, FM, P1,P2
Group 7 FF, FV, F500

Ken Patterson
Race Director
Hoosier Racing Tire
SCCA Super Tour
Western conference

PS - Race Chair note - Checking with MSR on mechanics of moving cars from one Group to the other. Since SRF3 and SRF are now separate groups, anybody now wishing to enter a second Car/Group may do so. Initially, you may be put on a waitlist until we determine how to deal with the cap and re-assigned groupings but should get that resolved very quickly. Thank you.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:51 am
Who is the Hoosier dealer for this event? I want to make sure I can get tires.

Thanks,
Bill

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:33 pm
Mike Sauce
Sportscar Performance
817-235-0018 or
817-860-1985
Previous

Return to General Discussions