COTA March 24-26 2017

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:52 pm
It looks like COTA is on the new South Division schedule March 24-26, 2017. Any body new if it is going to be a Major/Super Tour?? I missed it the first time, would love to get to it. :)

J

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
865, 91, 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:06 am
John,

It says Super Tour on the link that Paul Miranda provided.

Hate to post redundancies, but here's the link;

http://sowdivscca.com/index.php/club-racing

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:17 am
Not sure that is accurate. I communicated with SCCA club racing last week and they said as of then it was not on the schedule. After that, the official schedule came out on the SCCA web site confirming what they told me. They did say one additional race might be added, but wouldn't say where. Perhaps they are once again having trouble with the track accepting our rules. Not saying that is the case, but it might be a possibility.

Pat

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:56 am
The Super Tour schedule seems dynamic still. On the West Coast, the first race next year was originally scheduled to be a Super Tour race, but it has now been made into a Regional and the following race at Willow Springs is the Super Tour race. No information as to why has been provided though.

Personally, I'd prefer the bigger tracks like COTA and Fontana to be Super Tour races, but only the schedulers know what is going on with that.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:16 am
From my read of the Cal Club schedule, Auto Club is still a Majors, together with a Restricted Regional. Not sure how Willow Springs made the "Super Tour" cut, especially when you compare to the attendance levels we get at the Thunderhill Majors which would make more sense to me as a "Super Tour" (rather than have two Super Tours in one Region). Certainly, as a "pro" track, I would understand ACS as a selection over Willow Springs (especially as Willow Springs conflicts with the NorCal Region scheduled season opener at Thunderhill.) Tough to get scheduling coordinated across Regions, never mind, Divisions. Realistically, though, the Divisional/Majors/Super Tour events can be problematic for regions where a high number of racers (and Regional income) come from non-Runoffs eligible classes like IT and non-national Spec Miata variations, so these non-Regional races consume track time (and income) with little direct return to the Regions that need to absorb all the costs (and give up some of the income) to support these events.
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:36 pm
I'd be happy to pay a premium entry to do a race at COTA. I suspect others would too. Don't really care about Divisional, Majors, Super Tour, path to to runoffs, whatever. I'd just like to run that F1 track again.
Any chance this is going to happen?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:38 pm
It's on the calendar and we are all assuming it's a 'go'. I believe it's a Southern Majors weekend and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ends up popping up on the Super Tour list, but I guess technically nothing is set absolutely in stone until we hear otherwise.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:51 pm
It's officially part of the Super Tour, now:
https://www.scca.com/articles/2004626-c ... super-tour
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:16 pm
I'm going to haul my stuff down to Austin a couple weeks before the race in March. Could anyone suggest a secure place to store my truck and 28 foot trailer for a couple weeks before the race weekend? Somewhere between the track and airport would be ideal, but any suggestion would be appreciated.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:32 pm
Does anyone have the schedule for this event? Even the groupings would help?
Next

Return to General Discussions