Quick Hallett recap

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:55 am
So no one has mentioned what a beast Grayson Strathman has become :) so I'll do it. After his first big win (to my knowledge) at NOLA, he had great runs at CoTA (2nd both days I believe) and won both days this weekend at the Hallett Super Tour weekend. Hallett is his home track and he leveraged that expertise for the two day sweep. Myself and Chris Funk finished out the podium on Saturday with me and Gary Glanger standing with Grayson on Sunday.
Congratulations Grayson!

Richard Stephens was involved in a rough shunt on Sunday's start but his car did its job in protecting him and we'll see him back setting track records and leading big races in short order.
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 am
Also Richard Baldwin continued his winning ways in SRF both days. He's in prime shape and should be a major contender at Indy!
The field (both gens) was probably twice as large as any I've seen at Hallett at 43 cars (though I hadn't been there in 4 years and I think it may have been 30 or so last year).

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:23 pm
The fields are definitely strong this year. I've never been so proud to have a "top twenty" car for the weekend :)

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:18 pm
There are many things to complain about with the SCCA. I would like to offer one of the reasons this club has been so special to me for the past 50 years.

During the Black Flag All, I walked the pit lane and the only question anyone asked me was if the driver was ok. Every. Single. Competitor.

Racer X wrote:Richard Stephens was involved in a rough shunt on Sunday's start but his car did its job in protecting him and we'll see him back setting track records and leading big races in short order.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/tstrunk
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:08 am
I don't post on here very often due to me not having the time to run my SRF very often, but Grayson Strathman is a good friend of mine and the reason I even got a SRF in the first place. Him and I started racing at around the same time and the dude is just a natural behind the wheel. I'm really proud of what he is doing in the car and also being able to do that while also doing so much prep work on his customer cars. I'm glad to see that he's finally getting some recognition for something I've known about him for a long time.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:09 am
Peter Olivola wrote:There are many things to complain about with the SCCA. I would like to offer one of the reasons this club has been so special to me for the past 50 years.

During the Black Flag All, I walked the pit lane and the only question anyone asked me was if the driver was ok. Every. Single. Competitor.

Racer X wrote:Richard Stephens was involved in a rough shunt on Sunday's start but his car did its job in protecting him and we'll see him back setting track records and leading big races in short order.

Exactly, Peter. And more so in this group.

Return to General Discussions