Pro Racing CEO vacancy

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:45 am
I am a surprised to not see any mention of this on the forum since Pro and Enterprises are now joined at the hip.
tony
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:56 pm
Didn't hear about it. Found this: http://autoweek.com/article/sports-cars ... pro-racing
Bob Breton - SRF 51 - San Francisco Region
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 pm
The simple press release by National is understandable under the circumstances but I think the effects on Spec Racer must be complicated now by the way Pro and Enterprises are intertwined (sort of an oversight executive steering committee?) but still the same legal corporate entity. And add to that there is still nobody in the corner office at National, I sure wish the BoD was a bit more forthcoming about letting membership know where the recruitment process (now for both positions) is at.
tony

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:00 am
Come on now, Enterprise and Pro were combined into one legal corporate entry was to make it easy to transfer the huge profits generated by the GEN 3 conversion program to Pro to cover the huge loss generated by the F4 program. Some of this is true :)

Then the Enterprise president left, the SCCA president left, Pro president left. Looks like Enterprise got the guy it needed, did Pro? Was the loss of the FRP and Miata series to USAC under the early part of Meatheads term a sign of a healthy organization? SCCA still it's top leadership position unfilled.

If SCCA is a "club" us "members" it should be more transparent to it's members.

SCCA needs a 2, 5 , and 10 year plan that is both supported by the common level membership people base and financially sound. And this plan needs to be known to all members.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:33 am
Interesting that it sounds like they discovered the embezzling around the time he was named pres...
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:46 am
It is likely more accurate to say combining Pro and Enterprises was more a matter of transferring the one-time tax liability from the Gen3 roll-out into the long term accrued losses (and tax loss credits) of Pro. I was initially not charmed with this prospect (universal I'm sure among SRF) but I've mellowed on it; It does make business sense even if it seems culturally awkward, plus it was reassuring that good-intentioned knowledgeable people were chosen to lead the oversight group.

I have no feel for how this will play out in the future, but I agree that clear, concise, and public short and long term strategic planning is (but it has always been) conspicuously absent in the Club. And that is not meant as a criticism, it's just the nature of the beast. It's a car club on steroids with an unwieldy bureaucracy of Regions, Divisions, Areas, and 63,000 strident bosses. Only a nut case would volunteer for a BoD seat; my sympathies (and my thanks) go out to them.

tony

Return to General Discussions