Community Spirit

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book

Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:53 pm
I want to give a big thanks to Comprent Motorsports and Southeast Spec Racer for repairing nose damage in the pits Sunday at VIR and getting me back on track to complete the race. Also a big thanks to the person who gladly donated a roll of red duct tape to the cause. All gladly pitched in to help a competitor in need. They exemplify the best in our sport. Thank you, thank you.
Scott Ross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm
I'll second that.... I ran my first full race weekend with my new SRF3 this weekend. Unfortunately in Saturday AM qualifying, I drove straight into a car that spun in the wet right in front of me, crushing everything in the front end. I barely had my helmet off before Kevin and Matt Kloepher from Comprent made me a list of everything I needed and starting making trips back and forth across the paddock with the parts. Panic Motorsports also "loaned" me one of their guys for over 2 hours to help me rebuild the car before the race after lunch... Thanks Sawyer!

I had a great 1st race in my battered SRF3.... raced up to 12th from 21st, with a lap time that bumped me to 7th for Sunday's race!

Thanks also to John Hagerman who spent well over an hour with me sharing all sorts of useful SRF info with me this weekend.

What a great community. This is what makes it fun.

Thanks,
Dan Tiley

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:03 pm
There isn't another race class that assures you a greater likelihood of racing a whole weekend than SRF(3). The parts and expertise are always available.

Dan Tiley wrote:I'll second that.... I ran my first full race weekend with my new SRF3 this weekend. Unfortunately in Saturday AM qualifying, I drove straight into a car that spun in the wet right in front of me, crushing everything in the front end. I barely had my helmet off before Kevin and Matt Kloepher from Comprent made me a list of everything I needed and starting making trips back and forth across the paddock with the parts. Panic Motorsports also "loaned" me one of their guys for over 2 hours to help me rebuild the car before the race after lunch... Thanks Sawyer!

I had a great 1st race in my battered SRF3.... raced up to 12th from 21st, with a lap time that bumped me to 7th for Sunday's race!

Thanks also to John Hagerman who spent well over an hour with me sharing all sorts of useful SRF info with me this weekend.

Thanks,
Dan Tiley
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:09 pm
Greg-Cirillo wrote:There isn't another race class that assures you a greater likelihood of racing a whole weekend than SRF(3). The parts and expertise are always available.

This is truly is what differentiates Spec Racer from all the other amateur road racing classes. Crash in the AM, race in the PM. Pretty amazing.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:44 pm
Yes it's true. At the track there is a tremendous esprit de corps amongst the competitors. Order parts that are on back order from enterprises and they take it upon themselves to decide who is worthy of getting the parts needed to get your car on the track. I have an email from Mr Clark where he admits to making such decisions and yeah I'm pissed

More come soon
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:15 pm
All SRFs are equal, but some SRFs are more equal than others

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:34 am
Lol. I had that same Orwellian thought but was keeping my post short as possible
It's better to be last on the grid at a race track, than have pole position at the Funeral Home.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:26 am
Hi Dan,

Adding to the community spirit theme be sure to check your mirrors as you enter every turn. I was driving the other car you came into contact in T4 on Sunday. I take full responsibility for the contact but I presented myself well before the braking zone and you should have seen me.

Bill

Return to General Discussions