AIM MXL2 Mounting question

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:53 am
Putting a new AIM MXL2 in the Gen 3 - it looks like the steering wheel will block my view if a lot of the dash unit. Any pics or suggestions from AIM users greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:00 am
Duncan, I have the AIM system and use a MOMO 27C steering wheel. Works great. Lee

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 am
You can move both the dash up and down between the rails, as well as the steering wheel. It took some fiddling, but I can see the full dash through the top of the wheel.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 12:18 pm
I have the dash mounted so I can see it entirely through the wheel, but unless I specifically look down at it, all I ever notice are the LED's across the top. I would rather have it above the wheel, but that would put it in the air (and debris) stream.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/​jerry.aplass
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:59 pm
I use a cutoff top steering wheel, see link below:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ ... fgodB1kPdQ
Jerry Aplass SRF #204
San Francisco Region
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:49 pm
Unless you have a long trunk ( tall in the seat), you will have to either buy a cut wheel or look through the wheel. We were going to make a bracket out of .090 aluminum to protect the Gsdash. I have seen several cars from the SW area where they used a raised Gdash. One of my reasons for raising the dash was to minimize eye movement and shifting from down stream track view to looking down into the dash.
We elected to look down for now.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 11:40 pm
We have a car with an MXG dash and the Momo "topless" wheel. We have the shaft bearing a couple notches down from the highest position. I thought the dash was going to be too big when I first saw it, but it has turned out really nice. You can see the alarm lights over the top of the wheel cutout and pretty much see the shift lights and display all the time.
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Return to General Discussions