Able to register Gen3 for Runoffs?

All things specracer!

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
95, 950
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:15 am
Over a 1000 now. The statistically curious may find this break down of registrations by class interesting.

(Yes I was bored....)
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:26 pm
From that registration spreadsheet, it appears The Club is poised to haul a tidy profit back to Topeka. Given the Club's struggles to get very far into the black over recent years, that could be great news.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:59 am
I just received an email with my paddock assignment. I am assigned to a yard on N. Auburn St. 3 blocks from the entrance to Tunnel 7. $20 a day and no bathroom privileges but I can sit on their front porch .... :lol:
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 pm
Bob Devol wrote:From that registration spreadsheet, it appears The Club is poised to haul a tidy profit back to Topeka. Given the Club's struggles to get very far into the black over recent years, that could be great news.

Well.....maybe.....
My understanding is Indy is renting for more than COTA and SCCA committed to 11 days at Indy. So there goes a substantial chunk of that entry fee and test day revenue. Then toss in E-workers, Ambulance/medical, feeding volunteers, covering staff and specific volunteer costs at the event, etc and it gets much closer to break even.

Topeka accounting to the contrary showing Runoffs "profits" prior to the rotation years beginning in 2014 if you want to actually look at cost accounting by factoring in staff overhead going into Runoffs planning etc it gets much much closer if not underwater wrt breaking even.

Drivers have complained about the higher entry costs since track rotation began, but the reality is it is just trying to get back to a more balanced cost model and not asking the rest of the club to subsidize the Runoff drivers.

Still hitting this number of entries is pretty darn amazing and a great result for SCCA, even if we do end up with 900+ when all the dust settles wrt qualified entries, and cancellations.
Todd Butler
OR/SFR Region
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 am
Todd SRF73 wrote:
Bob Devol wrote:From that registration spreadsheet, it appears The Club is poised to haul a tidy profit back to Topeka. Given the Club's struggles to get very far into the black over recent years, that could be great news.

Well.....maybe.....
My understanding is Indy is renting for more than COTA and SCCA committed to 11 days at Indy. So there goes a substantial chunk of that entry fee and test day revenue. Then toss in E-workers, Ambulance/medical, feeding volunteers, covering staff and specific volunteer costs at the event, etc and it gets much closer to break even.

Topeka accounting to the contrary showing Runoffs "profits" prior to the rotation years beginning in 2014 if you want to actually look at cost accounting by factoring in staff overhead going into Runoffs planning etc it gets much much closer if not underwater wrt breaking even.

Drivers have complained about the higher entry costs since track rotation began, but the reality is it is just trying to get back to a more balanced cost model and not asking the rest of the club to subsidize the Runoff drivers.

Still hitting this number of entries is pretty darn amazing and a great result for SCCA, even if we do end up with 900+ when all the dust settles wrt qualified entries, and cancellations.

There's always that, as we call it in the ad business, "below the line" stuff that makes it tough to come out ahead. Let's hope cracking the 1,000 entry barrier puts some money back into the kitty.
Previous

Return to General Discussions