CAT Major wreck at RA

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:05 pm
~race start mark 8:05

This is my in car video from the wreck in T1 at the beginning of lap 2. I actually have a lot to say on this matter but at the present time it is best I keep my opinion to myself. I want you to understand that this is Tim Gray in the yellow GEN3 #60.

To the rest of the field, sorry I couldn't swerve harder and avoid. It is a shame that this kind of incident caused everyone their Saturday race (for the most part). Please share your feelings and opinions on what you see here.

Owen Coon

https://vimeo.com/227986554
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 pm
Did the guy have any reason why he applied the brake when he should have been accelerating out of the corner?

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:45 pm
Did the front driver shift down to third entering the corner? If would contribute to the wiggle the car did early in the corner. It also might explain the brake light if he accidentally hit the brake instead of clutch when shifting back to fourth.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:43 pm
Having been knocked out of this race because of this incident I was interested as to what happened. As I slowed to avoid the yellow car sliding across the track, right to left, I was hit from behind. I ended up with far less damage than the surprised guy following me who did not stand a chance of avoidance. I was not happy with ending my race and the damage I did sustain.

This did not need to happen. It cost at least 4 racers a combined thousands of dollars and untold hours of time if you repair your own stuff like I do.

Skewering people on forums rarely leads to anything good. Start a race knowing this could happen to you. As much as it shouldn’t. Check your ego/machismo/emotions at the green flag and race your race.

Jim
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:02 am
Did the driver possibly have a medical issue?
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:23 am
kurtbob wrote:Did the driver possibly have a medical issue?

He was one of the four drivers taken to the medical center after the incident. My understanding is that all four were examined and released prior to the race being restarted.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:10 am
Looks pretty bad Owen. Sorry you got caught up in it. Doesn't make much sense from this angle at all.
Last edited by roun0016 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type

Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 am
Please don't anonymously spread rumors regarding punishment of another driver. I have spoken to a very close source and confirmed that you are incorrect regarding the 1 year suspension. I won't speculate on why he slowed exiting the corner, but do not believe there was any intent to wreck other cars.
John Greene
SeDiv #29

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 am
Fair point John. Probably should keep my mouth shut and let officials do the talking. Thought my source was reliable enough to consider it public knowledge, but apparently I'm wrong. I'll edit the above.

Tim is as nice as they come and it doesn't make any sense. He's loaned me parts to keep me running on more than one occasion. We can give him the benefit of the doubt, but I am VERY curious to hear the explanation and I WILL make the statement that I think he owes one.

I'd be incredibly frustrated if I was Owen. I missed it by inches on all sides (front, sides and rear!). If I had been collected like Owen it would have ended my career in the short term cause I don't have a spare $X,XXX laying around...

Return to General Discussions