Need Help with a Watking Glen Event

All things specracer!

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 pm
I want to take either my SRF or ESR to the CHIN Motorsports HPDE event at Watkins Glen so that my crew guys can run their HPDE cars and I can play too.

The problem is the event is Monday & Tuesday Sept 4 and 5. INDY will be at WG over the weekend.

Now the greatest way to handle this would be to drive up to WG, camp in the front half of my toterhome and and attend the INDY weekend, but where can I put the 24 closed trailer part.

In fact I need to fine parking from early Sat AM to late Sunday PM (or Monday early AM if they won't let CHIN in to the track area till Monday) for 3 trailers, one enclosed and 2 open. Maybe a pickup truck or 2 also.

Anyone know of a place?

Thanks

Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:30 pm
Have you tried calling the track?

WG is a huge place and I got to believe they have a far away lot where you can park a couple of trailers.

I have been there multiple times on NASCAR weekend and the camping goes for as far as you can see, plus they have multiple lots for spectators just attending in street cars.

I hate to say it, but I doubt the Indy race will have near the attendance of NASCAR so I would think there would be room.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:24 pm
A long shot is a super nice guy I met before the July Sprints at the Glen. He lives right across the street from the Falls Motel in Montour Falls. If memory serves, he was the Chairman of the event and he's from the Glen Region. He offered me a place on his property that Thur evening before the weekend event for my trailer. If you do a bit of homework looking up that race from their website, I believe you can track him down. It would help also to tell him you root for Penn State :D
Good luck!
Mark
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:54 pm
Call the WGI track office. The track has a long term trailer parking lot for larger transporters and trailers located next to their registration building at Gate 3. They should be able to accommodate you.

Return to General Discussions