CONGRATS TO TRAY FOR FIRST RUNOFFS WIN

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:01 pm
Congratulations to Tray Ayres on a flawless race and first Runoffs victory in SRF3! He was fast all week, and his meticulous preparation paid off. He and Mike Miserendino raced smart to separate themselves from the field. But it would have taken a misstep for Mike to pass Tray - it never happened.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 am
A very well earned win and a deserving champion. Very very proud of the whole spec racer crowd at the RunOffs - and when you look at the depth of the SRF3 field in particular, Tray pulled off an historic championship win against a who's who of spec racers from all over the country at a truly unique venue.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:16 am
+1
Tray worked as hard or harder than anyone this year, drove as well or better than anyone, and parlayed that in to a well-earned national championship. Well done, Tray. It's always fun to have a new champion in the class and he is well-deserving!

Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:03 pm
Tray set the bar in testing and we all aimed at it during the week. I had a front row view of how well Tray drove on Saturday as he capped it off with a well deserved national championship. It was a fun, clean race.

I am pretty sure the record number of cars entered in a single Runoffs class will never, ever be broken. Tray you will be in the record books forever with that one!

-Mike
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:13 pm
Mike, Denny, Lee, Kurt and others,

Thanks for the words from all. It’s a bit overwhelming!

I don’t know about “more work than anyone”, as I know others that put loads of effort into this event. I do know that for me, this started over 18 months ago and got very busy in July of this year through Runoff’s. The effort between July and early September was almost nonstop building up to this event.

What an incredible event and race by everyone. There needs to be kudos to the entire field. We had 72 cars on the track and outside of a first lap issue that we all feared (and feared MUCH worse) the race was clean. Of course there was some rubbing and racing in the field, after all, this was runoffs! However, for the most part this entire 72 car field did an excellent job not only in their races, but also in the qualifiers and practice sessions. Thanks to all.

As to the race itself... Years of running around Brian Scofield, Cliff White, Mark Eaton, Jordan Gore, Scott Rettich, and Richard Spicer (To name a few) in the SE helped prep me for the likes of Mike and John on the opening few laps. I would be lying if I said I was not nervous. I sure as heck was! I mean, it was Runoff’s with not only Mike and John there but the rest of the top 15 AND any one of them could win this race! As others have said, this was a very stacked field and I am still humbled to be at the pointy end of it. As the race unfolded and got to the closing few laps the nerves were at the all-time high. Mike #11 was stalking me and there were so many things I could have done wrong. We raced each other clean and I knew there was a pass attempt upcoming into 12. There it was: Did I go too deep? Can I make the turn? Where is Mike? Those were the thoughts going through my head into 12 and as I exited and somehow kept it on the track it started to hit me….

This time, the nerves did not get the best of me. I can thank Todd Lamb and his coaching for that.
I also have to thank my dad. We started racing this class back in the 80’s when he moved from a Zinc Z-16 to a SRF. (Gen1) This hobby, or obsession as some may call it, is something we love doing together and there was no greater feeling then sharing this with my dad, Anna my wife, and a few friends at Indy. Getting to stand together on those bricks was something that we will never forget.

Also a shout out to my first coach. Jack Willis… I still remember what he said to me early on… “Slow in Fast out” Jack, next time I am in Carlsbad, drinks are on me.

Again, thanks to the entire SRF community that have helped me over the years. The prep shops, teams, and drivers are what make this a really fun and tight knit community….

Tray
Tray
SRF3 7 - Atlanta Region

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:16 pm
Well deserved Tray. You were my pick to win it this year.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:59 pm
Great effort, great win, class act! Congrats Tray!

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Hutch52
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:32 pm
Tray,

Well said, well played and huge congratulations on your incredible performance.

I especially liked the reference to your dad, I would suspect that many of us were
introduced to racing by our fathers and would hope to honor their influence in our lives as you have done so well.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 pm
No disrespect to the very talented group around you, but I picked you to win this year. Just say I watched your preparation all year and new it was going to happen soon. Drove a hell of a race.

One you will never forget, well until your senility sets in.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:40 pm
If the secret is, "slow in, fast out" then I'm 50% of the way there.

Congratulations. 1st percentile.

Tray wrote:Mike, Denny, Lee, Kurt and others,

Thanks for the words from all. It’s a bit overwhelming!

I don’t know about “more work than anyone”, as I know others that put loads of effort into this event. I do know that for me, this started over 18 months ago and got very busy in July of this year through Runoff’s. The effort between July and early September was almost nonstop building up to this event.

What an incredible event and race by everyone. There needs to be kudos to the entire field. We had 72 cars on the track and outside of a first lap issue that we all feared (and feared MUCH worse) the race was clean. Of course there was some rubbing and racing in the field, after all, this was runoffs! However, for the most part this entire 72 car field did an excellent job not only in their races, but also in the qualifiers and practice sessions. Thanks to all.

As to the race itself... Years of running around Brian Scofield, Cliff White, Mark Eaton, Jordan Gore, Scott Rettich, and Richard Spicer (To name a few) in the SE helped prep me for the likes of Mike and John on the opening few laps. I would be lying if I said I was not nervous. I sure as heck was! I mean, it was Runoff’s with not only Mike and John there but the rest of the top 15 AND any one of them could win this race! As others have said, this was a very stacked field and I am still humbled to be at the pointy end of it. As the race unfolded and got to the closing few laps the nerves were at the all-time high. Mike #11 was stalking me and there were so many things I could have done wrong. We raced each other clean and I knew there was a pass attempt upcoming into 12. There it was: Did I go too deep? Can I make the turn? Where is Mike? Those were the thoughts going through my head into 12 and as I exited and somehow kept it on the track it started to hit me….

This time, the nerves did not get the best of me. I can thank Todd Lamb and his coaching for that.
I also have to thank my dad. We started racing this class back in the 80’s when he moved from a Zinc Z-16 to a SRF. (Gen1) This hobby, or obsession as some may call it, is something we love doing together and there was no greater feeling then sharing this with my dad, Anna my wife, and a few friends at Indy. Getting to stand together on those bricks was something that we will never forget.

Also a shout out to my first coach. Jack Willis… I still remember what he said to me early on… “Slow in Fast out” Jack, next time I am in Carlsbad, drinks are on me.

Again, thanks to the entire SRF community that have helped me over the years. The prep shops, teams, and drivers are what make this a really fun and tight knit community….

Tray
Next

Return to General Discussions