All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:34 am
All,
I (and a couple of others) have been working for a couple of years with the World Racing League powers that be to try and get our class a slot on their weekends. It's finally come together, and SRF3 (and possibly SRF) will be having the first ever "SpecChallenge" race at a WRL weekend coming up in early December at CoTA.
It'll be practice x2 and qual x1 on Friday, then a 50 minute mini-enduro (goal is to stay under one tank of gas) early Saturday morning so you can probably be back on the road home at by 10-10:30 AM Saturday. Cost is $550 which is pretty good in CoTA track terms.
I believe we have over 20 cars registered already so it should be a great event with a deep field.

Please come down and join us for this inaugural event at a spectacular track!
Registration and information here: http://www.racewrl.com/usec

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:56 pm
Thanks for the info Denny but some of us have to work, oh and work on their cars, like change the transmission and blown clutch - sounds like fun, enjoy the race. Hope to be at the Cota Major

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:38 pm
I'm in. Looking forward to it!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:32 pm
Are there thoughts about the cars being allowed in the endurance races in the future?
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:14 am
WRL is interested in having GEN3s race with their endurance series. Send Joey Todd(jtodd@racewrl.com) an email expressing interest in which WRL race you feel like you could provide a good field. He was happy to accommodate us for the COTA race.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:10 pm
24 cars entered and now they will be broadcasting the race. Check out this note that came out from Joey (WRL) this past week.

Great news! Endurance Radio will live stream the USEC and SRF3 Spec Challenge this year, with race commentary, pit road reporting, track cameras and in-car feeds! Don’t let the name fool you, this is video and audio broadcasting from the event, on our Facebook and Youtube pages as well as RaceCast.me. Your family, friends, co-workers, bar mates and even complete strangers can watch you race at COTA live!

To make this more interesting we need to give ER plenty to talk about including team info and tidbits. Please hit this link and fill out the form with as much info as you would like to offer. This gives their color commentator more to work with when talking about you and your car. <link removed>

Many thanks to RJ Till and Ian Mayberry (our marketing group) for making this a reality, and special thanks to Maxxis Tire and Wine Country Motorsports for sponsoring the broadcast!

Also, you can have your car’s live feed included in the broadcast. Here’s a note from Endurance Radio with more detail including a "how to” on the in-car stuff.

Dear participants of the US Endurance Championship,

Allow us to introduce ourselves. We are Endurance Radio, and we're excited to partner with the World Racing League to bring the first ever live broadcast to the US Endurance Championship. We've been the proud providers of live coverage of the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill since 2011 but the time has come for us to expand and move on, which has brought us here. We see this as a big opportunity for all involved - for us to be a part of such a big event, for WRL to expand their reach, and most of all, to tell the stories of you as competitors and share what a great place WRL is to race with the motorsports community.

The plan is to broadcast the races on both Saturday and Sunday as well as SpecChallenge, totaling around 18 hours on-air time. The video feed is expected to include a number of trackside stationary cameras as well as any onboards your teams may be providing. We have successfully used the RaceCast.me platform in the past for these streams and intend to do so again this year. Our audio will be a full-service commentary feed including two booth commentators and two pitlane reporters who will be wandering the pit and paddock with microphones. Additionally, we intend to live tweet the event using our @endurance_radio twitter account - give us a follow!

In our six previous years of broadcasting, we've learned that the one thing it takes to really make it work is involvement and interest from the paddock. We've decided to get in touch with you all ahead of time to gather that information and turn this into as much of a success as we can. Some notes follow:

- First and foremost, we need to learn a little bit more about your teams - the more we have to talk about, the better our product. To help us achieve that, we've put together a quick survey that asks about your team, the car you'll be running, your drivers, and your sponsors. It should only take a few minutes and is available here: <link removed - you'll get one if you register :) >

- Our live video feed will rely partially on team-sourced onboard feeds. If you're interested in participating, we invite you to check out RaceCast.me. Their team has set up a fantastic platform that allows you to stream your onboard video for free using only a cellphone, mount, and power source. It's been used successfully at hundreds of endurance racing events since its inception and it integrates seamlessly into our broadcast. When you visit the website, click the "?" in the upper right hand corner and click "tell me what I need to know." It's easy to set up, cost effective on data usage, and a small effort that would allow your team to feature on our broadcast across the weekend. If you have any questions, feel free to contact endurancecentral@gmail.com and we'll help get you set up.

- Our broadcast location on-site is yet to be determined, but we'll be sure to tell you at the drivers' meeting on Friday night. Feel free to stop by, wherever we are, during the race for an interview or to say hi. The same goes for our pit reporters - if you see our orange beanies (with or without a microphone in hand), don't be afraid to stop us if you have an interesting story to tell.

- A few days before the race, we'll provide direct links to the stream on YouTube as well and where the race can be seen on Facebook Live.

I am sure we'll be in touch again shortly before the event. If you have any questions regarding our plans in the days leading up to the race, please don't hesitate to contact us at endurancecentral@gmail.com. We're immensely excited about the opportunity to be a part of the US Endurance Championship in 2017 - see you at COTA!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:26 pm
Forgot to mention that compliance will be a thing at this event! Make sure you leave your weight plates in, etc. No cheating! :) Full SRF3 SCCA rules.

Return to General Discussions