Randy Youngsma

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:27 pm
Last week Randy Youngsma a long time top SRF competitor succumbed to cancer. The last 2 1/2 yrs. Randy courageously fought the disease and passed away surrounded by friends and family at his home. For those who knew Randy know he was well respected on and off the race track. His service was last Saturday with many from the SRF community in attendance. Randy is survived by his wife Terry who rarely missed a race and our thoughts and prayers go out to Terry and the family. God speed Randy.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:13 pm
We had at least 15 SRF's attend and MoDy brought Randy's car and had it out in front of the Funeral home where the 100's of well wishers could see it- As THE SNOW FELL.

Terry held up well.

Randy will be missed, always a gentleman on and off the course, but a hell of a competitor. Many great stories to tell. We will have some kind of a gathering at VIR (most likely) to celebrate his lift.

It was a shame that he retired 1 year prior to being diagnosed with cancer and had planned on racing, flying and water skiing - life did not go as planned.

Seize the day, race now, work less but longer and play as much as you can while you are healthy.

Advice From the Doc
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:09 pm
Thanks so much for your posts Dave and Bruce. Sadly those of us who knew Randy knew it was coming sooner or later, but the sadness is great nonetheless. I did not have the pleasure of knowing Randy as much as you "ICE" racers did, but I felt honored to get to know all of you including Randy in the last 6 or 7 years. We are truly a tight knit group overall and you guys epitomize that closeness. I will miss Terry's grilling next to a "crazy" bunch of guys whom I will always be so glad to know and race with. Keep this going as Bruce mentioned as long as our health allows us! And heartfelt thanks for the kind gesture of bringing an SRF to the service Shawn. RIP Randy... :cry:
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:10 am
I was planning to attend to attend Randy's services, but came down with a nasty cold a couple of days prior. Sorry I missed you guys.

Randy will always be remembered as a great guy but also as a fierce yet fair competitor. For those of you who didn't race with Randy, his white and blue number 44 can be seen in the rotating visuals on this site's masthead where he's duking it out nose-to-tail with Rob Reed and Bruce Meyers in West Bend at Lime Rock.

Godspeed, Randy.

Return to General Discussions