Southeast Division 2018 Championship Series

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:12 pm
Posting this for Jim Creighton - repeating an email that went to SEDiv drivers a few days ago with some follow on news for SRF.
=======================================================

As most of you aware, the SCCA Runoffs is headed to the West Coast for 2018. Many drivers in SEDiv have told me they do not intend to make the long trip for this year’s Runoffs. So, I have discussed this with our two Area Directors, Lee Hill and Tere Pulliam. The decision was made to organize a SEDiv series for drivers competing in the SEDiv GCR Runoffs Classes. The new SEDiv Championship Race Series will use points earned at the six in Division SEDiv Majors races scheduled for 2018 and two selected regional races for a total of eight Championship races. Points will be awarded as in Majors, i.e., 25 for 1st, 21 for 2nd, 18 for 3rd, 17 for 4th down to 1 point for 20th place. Drivers may count their best 10 race finishes out of these scheduled 16 races.

Class Champions will receive a monogrammed jacket, plaque, gear bag, t shirts/or dress shirts, hats, patches, decals and 2 banquet tickets to the awards banquet. Plaques will be awarded to those finishing 2nd and 3rd in class. This championship is open to all drivers regardless of their region of record. In order to qualify for an award, drivers must enter a minimum of 4 race event weekends. An entry is defined as turning a wheel in either a qualifying session or race during the race weekend. I am including a schedule for the series at the end of this email.

2018 Southeast Division Championship Race Series scheduled events.
1) Homestead Miami Speedway Majors – January 5-7, 2018
2) Sebring International Raceway Majors- January 12-14, 2018
3) Road Atlanta Majors March 17-18, 2018
4) Virginia International Raceway Majors April 13-15, 2018
5) Daytona International Speedway Regional May 5-6, 2018
6) Charlotte Motor Speedway Majors June 8-10, 2018
7) Roebling Road Raceway Majors, June 30, July 1, 2018
8) Barber Motorsport Park Regional, August 25, 26, 2018

All eight events are scheduled as two races, a sprint and a feature. Points can be earned for each race with the best ten finishes counting. Ties for 1st will be broken by the number of 1st, 2nd, etc finishes with no limit for the number of races to break a tie.

For additional information, contact Jim Creighton @ jcreig53@mindspring.com
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72

Return to General Discussions