Gen 2 Registry / Roll Call

All things specracer!
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:26 pm
I am starting this thread as a place where all of us Gen 2 drivers can list where we are and our numbers. The idea I have had is to help promote where we are racing so we can compete against each other in good numbers.

I am building on the idea that a bunch of the B-Spec drivers do, and they coordinate for races to have better numbers. Since I know there are plenty of us Gen 2 drivers still out there, I thought this might be a good idea. I know there are a few drivers in my region who were also looking at trying some new tracks this season too.

I know in Chicago Region alone we still have at least 5 cars I personally know that are staying Gen 2 including myself. I am not sure how many more we have with surrounding regions but I would say we would have around 10 to 12 entered in races in Cendiv last year. I know we lost a few to Gen 3 due to RunOffs being at Road America next year. I also do know that CSR's still run 2's as rentals too.

So sound off! Looking forward to the season starting!
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:32 pm
Hi Chris,

I am running a Gen2 in the New England Region and will be running the NeDiv series for 2020.
I have chassis #19

Jennifer
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032406508
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:37 pm
Hi Chris,
I'm also in New England and race with/against Jennifer. Committed to Gen2 for a while. Chassis #008. Did you have any luck with Nikki regarding three old registry?
Les
Les Kurz
NER SRF #31
Chassis #008 (GEN2)
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:27 pm
I wasn't really enquiring about the registry from Nikki. I can always ask her, but I figure this more of a grassroots and those participate in the community.

How many do you have running in the Northeast?
Chris B
Chicago Region
Flagging and Communications / Emergency Services

Good chance you have seen me waving flags like a crazy person at some point.
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1032406508
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:44 am
Most of 2019 we averaged 3. Two cars which I thought were being converted were not and attended the last race of the year. A guy from NY also brought a car out of 'retirement' so we had a field of 6 in October.
Les Kurz
NER SRF #31
Chassis #008 (GEN2)

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/tristan.welling
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:29 pm
I think I was the NY guy. I'd like to think the car was resting more than retired! I plan to race NE Div next year. Tristan Welling, SRF #331 (#32 White)

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:17 am
Meant to reply to this some time ago, but now that I'm working from home and thinking about racing I thought I'd post up.

We have about 6-8 Gen 2s left in Florida that I know of - me, my father, Jose Rosado, Chris Heilman, Will Hammel, Quentin and Bart De Boever (1 car), and I think 1 or 2 cars with the Ladoniski brothers (I know I screwed up the spelling there sorry). Unfortunately, life seems to get in the way of all of us showing up at the track at the same time - I think once we have a really good turn out a year r two ago at the Turkey Trot and had 7 cars. Usually it's between 3-4. Last race at Palm Beach a few weeks ago before the world shut down we had 3.

Hope to see you ALL at the track soon when this health crisis is over!

Adam

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:50 am
I have a Gen 2 car in Phoenix area.

Return to General Discussions