Good arm restraints

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:29 pm
Hey, new to SRF. Looking to buy some arm restraints. Any suggestions? Don’t know if it makes a difference but I’m 6ft.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:32 am
I don't think it makes much difference. I like OMP stuff, so that's what I have. (Matches my suit) They come with two straps on each side. (One is used to keep the padded part on your arm and the other to attached to your belts. Both are adjustable through the D-Rings) I feel all manufactures supply plenty of strap, so your height really won't be a factor. Welcome to SRF! Hope this helps...

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:21 am
Yeah, they're one-size-fits-all. I have been using Simpson for nearly 20 years but borrowed a pair of some other brand and was pleasantly surprised that the other ones didn't move around on my arms (or straight off when braking and downshifting). Wish I could remember what they were, but that's the only real difference I can see... if they're covered in a satin-like material they are slippery.
To combat that some folks sew them onto or into their suit sleeves. I went the other way and have them on a Y-strap so they stay in the car when I get out. Just remember to take them with you when you get your annual gear tech.

Return to General Discussions