SR assembly manual?

All things specracer!

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:24 pm
I believe the original Sports Renault was available as a kit? If that's correct, was there such a thing as an assembly manual? Even today I think it would make interesting reading.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:47 pm
Not that I am aware of.... :lol:
Us old timers who originally built our own Sports Renaults called it many names during assembly... 8-)
We also used to get a monthly news letter keeping us owner/drivers up to date as possible in that era.
Attachments
SRNewsletter.jpg
SRNewsletter.jpg (11.62 KiB) Viewed 10480 times
SportsRenaultAssyMan.jpg
SportsRenaultAssyMan.jpg (11.11 KiB) Viewed 10480 times
Mark Fick
I'm pretty confident my last words will be 'well shit that didn't work'
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:37 am
The original manual was well written and laid out. I used it helping my late buddy Charlie Lynch build his SR kit in late 1984. The kit car arrived from Renault Jeep Sport in a huge crate, unplumbed engine already installed into the chassis with the gel-coated body work fitted on and mounted.

Battery not included. No -- really.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:21 pm
The manual was pretty decent given that none of us individual owners had any experience assembling our Sports Renault’s. What was aggravating to me was the missing parts in the bags shipped with the car causing almost daily faxes to our CSR’s, no internet in those days. Once assembled though the fun factor was indescribably positive as many of us had driven Production cars previously. It was a relief knowing that my SR would last through a weekend with its reliability and low maintenance. Just finishing my 38th season with my chassis! 8-)
Mark Fick

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:12 pm
markfick wrote:The manual was pretty decent given that none of us individual owners had any experience assembling our Sports Renault’s.... Just finishing my 38th season with my chassis! 8-)

I don't suppose you still have your assembly manual? Digitized?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:58 pm
Contact one of our CSR's as they may have one copy gathering dust somewhere. Digitizing a 38 year old manual is not on my bucket or any other list.
Mark Fick

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:36 pm
markfick wrote:Contact one of our CSR's as they may have one copy gathering dust somewhere. Digitizing a 38 year old manual is not on my bucket or any other list.

It looks like the Messager function isn't working too well :-(

Would you consider loaning out your Sports Renault assembly manual?

Winter is coming to upstate New York and I think with a few diligent evenings of work I could scan all 38 pages.

As for my bona fides, I've been the PA announcer at Lime Rock Park since 1972, and first joined SCCA in 1968. I was also the PA commentator for Formula Race Promotions from 2012-2018. I'm sure Dave Weitzenhof could vouch for my reliability.

Email me at gfastr@nycap.rr.com if this is something you think we can work out. Looking forward tp hearing from you.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:28 pm
Found it, thanks to Jeff Novak.

Return to General Discussions