4th Annual Connecticut Spec Racer Bench Racing Bash

All things specracer!
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 am
There's a fairly high concentration of Spec Racer drivers here in Connecticut, particularly on the western side of the state. So much so, that since 2009 many have us have gotten together for drinks, dinner and ever-more-elaborate BS stories at a restaurant in Danbury, CT.

Well, word of this fun little fete has spilled over state borders. We had guys from New York State and New Hampshire last year.

Soooo...I convened the Bash's Management Committee of one (me) and have decided to open the fun up to anyone who cares to journey to Fairfield County, CT in the dead of winter.

So, what the hell, you're all invited.

The only condition is that if you say you're coming please give me ample notice if your plans change so that I can keep the restaurant owner from wanting to pour arsenic sauce on my flan because I messed up their Saturday night seating plans.

This year the dinner will be Saturday, February 11 (the weekend after the Super Bowl) with drinks starting around 6:00. For you guys who have attended the previous dinners, I may have to change the venue and book a private room, so the place is still TBA.

Anyone who wants to come, please e-mail me through this site.

P.S. If this thing gets too big, I may have to book a banquet hall. In which case, I'll ask for money in advance. Otherwise, please bring enough cash for a cash bar and when we split the dinner check. And, if you're traveling a longer distance, there are ample hotels in the Danbury area and I have a guest room at my joint, about 20 minutes away.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:31 pm
Of course, for those of you who would rather be warm and driving your SRF instead of cold and having dinner with Bob, Central Florida Region has a regional race on the Sebring 12 Hour Course that same weekend. ;)
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:07 pm
LeeHill wrote:Of course, for those of you who would rather be warm and driving your SRF instead of cold and having dinner with Bob, Central Florida Region has a regional race on the Sebring 12 Hour Course that same weekend. ;)

Of course, all this "we're racing and you're not -- nyah, nyah!" stuff gets flipped on its head in August when it's hotter than the surface of Mercury in central Florida.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:43 pm
Sebring? Hot? In July or August? Who'da thought!!! :lol:
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1079944414
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:24 pm
...or you could come out on a frozen lake and race door to door!

IceRace.com

Try it. You just might like it...
Robert Reed
N.E. SRF#03
A.M.E.C. VW#99

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:32 pm
Ok Bob when do you need to know by?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:33 pm
You can tell me you're planning on coming starting right now.

If circumstances change and you can't make it, please be sure to tell me as soon as you can.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 pm
I may be away at that time. Will know by the middle of January for sure if that's ok?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:28 am
Mid January is fine.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:48 pm
Okay, folks, we're 4 1/2 weeks away from the dinner. I really need guys to start RSVP-ing so I can determine if we need to rent a banquet/private dining room or go with the big table like before. For those who attended in previous years, we may be moving to a different restaurant near the other one. Stay tuned.

Please RSVP on this thread or via e-mail on this site.

Thanks!
Next

Return to General Discussions