WGI National

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 pm
Oh Boy - Westward Ho in June....cant wait and will Feno come again??? I will add that he learned the hard way not to overbrake in the carousel ;) ...Time for you to come too Mr. Devol :)

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm
Trevor

I leave at 330 -4 get around boston before the traffic, hit Hartford about 630- not bad then- stay in a hotel north of NYC and get up at 4 Am to the tapanzee bridge and down the garden state parkway- avoid all the traffic that early and there for the test day- on the way back it can be great/ lucky if you leave early but since we have second race- we are f'd coming back at the rush- go wide around NY

contact me if you are thinnking of going down
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:42 pm
What's even stranger about the Double at Nelsons, is that the Great Lakes Division has a National on their schedule as well, so that track has 3 Nationals. I don't see how a track in Ohio gets the only Northeast Double.
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 am
Steve Introne wrote:What's even stranger about the Double at Nelsons, is that the Great Lakes Division has a National on their schedule as well, so that track has 3 Nationals. I don't see how a track in Ohio gets the only Northeast Double.

There is nothing to "get". A decision was made by all the NEDIV racing regions that put on National races to limit them to one per year and to rotate that event among those regions. A random draw was held and 2012 went to Mahoning Valley Region. Next year (and each year thereafter) it will go somewhere else (I don't have the list handy).

In addition, there is a Bonus National race for each NEDIV race group, so all classes get a second Double at one of the NEDIV tracks.

Dave
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:06 am
^^ Dave, still seems odd to give a track a double, when it runs another National, and it is in Ohio - furtherest you can get from the Northeast, and still call it the NE. That's what I don't 'get'.
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:28 pm
Steve Introne wrote:^^ Dave, still seems odd to give a track a double, when it runs another National, and it is in Ohio - furtherest you can get from the Northeast, and still call it the NE. That's what I don't 'get'.

This isn't about tracks, it is about regions in NEDIV. The fact that Nelson Ledges is used by both NEDIV and GLDIV does not enter into scheduling within NEDIV.

Dave
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:53 pm
Dave,

I know that - just wished a track that is closer to the center of the Division had our double National.
Steve Introne
NER #12
Nat F&C

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:48 am
Without getting into the political or economical aspects of the club or regions, I agree with Steve completely. Seems random draw is the easy way out. You can't easily create a marquee event (which is something NEDIV could use) by rotating tracks.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:57 am
Granted the SEDiv National schedule (12 races over 7 weekends from January thru Labor Day) has been described as "ridiculous" by some folks, but we're responding to what racers have told us they want - more chances to earn points while reducing travel costs. Since we averaged around 180 entries per National race in 2011 it appears we might be doing something right.

What's probably NOT known by the PTB in NEDiv is we have Double National "tax" of $5/entry/sanction for those regions wanting to host doubles. The money is paid to the division and helps keep our divisional programs running. Maybe instituting a similar arrangement in NEDiv would help sell the concept of multiple double weekends?
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
217-2 169
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:42 pm
Interesting how different divisions approach the scheduling of Nationals. CenDiv will host only five Nationals this year with no doubles. Fortunately, we CenDiv racers can go "next door" and pick up some doubles in the Great Lakes division.
PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions