Special SRF-SR race at Lime Rock on Memorial day???

All things specracer!

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 pm
Hi Guys,

I know that there is a conflicting SCCA regional at WGI on Memorial day weekend but I was going to float a special race opportunity on Monday May 28th at LRP to the SRF community before I aim for the SM guys.

The Independent Motorsports Group (a new sanctioning body in the northeast) is hosting an UNMUFFLED race day at Lime Rock and we have an extra hour or more in our schedule to host a special event within the day. there will be a 20 minute practice/ quali session, a 15 minute qualifying race and a 25 minute feature race.

If we get 15 entries at $325 each we can reserve a whole run group just for Spec Racers and Sports Renaults. I am putting it out there now to gauge interest and if there is enough initial response we will open a registration page next month and give until the end of march to get to critical mass to make a firm committment

I am sure we can sell the time to someone else but I think it would be nice to have a special single marque feature race to round out the day.

for more info about IMG you can check us out at http://www.IMGracing.com and if any of you would like to discuss this further you can call me at 570-682-9666 or email at Info@IMGraging.com

Charlie Greenhaus
'Director of Motorsports Activities
Independent Motorsports Group
Last edited by Entropy Racing on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:46 pm
Charlie -- so your SRF race would be run all on on Memorial Day Monday? The reason I ask is that I will be doing The Glen Regional (maybe a double?) on Saturday/Sunday that weekend. If your race is all on Monday, I might take a shot at doing a -- gulp -- two-track, three-day, three-race weekend.

Anybody else game for Memorial Day Monday at Lime Rock?

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:52 pm
the whole event is on Monday, and if we get enough interest, I can even schedule it so that it has a late start to give everyone time to get from WGI or NHIS. Reg and Tech could be as late as 9:30 with the first session around 10:30 AM with the quali race early afternoon and the feature at 5:30.

Kick it around among yourselves and let me know. I have already had inquireys from a group of Sedans, but I think a big field of SRFs and SRs put on a better (and cleaner) show.
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/bradford.w.brooks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:57 pm
I'm With - gulp - Bob... Sounds like it would be a very cool long weekend to start the NE season! But has to be Monday only so not to miss WGI.
You lose 100% of the races you don't start.

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm
That is the start of a very busy schedule- NJ, Sprints and LRP over the next four weeks

It would make for a nice test day however - laps are laps

I might bite but probably not

Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:24 am
Very interesting. I could suck at 2 tracks in one weekend.
Dave Mailhot
SRF #55 NER
PixelMEDIA Racing

Return to General Discussions