Sebring Double National Questions

All things specracer!

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:54 pm
Okay everyone - we had 35 SRFs at Sebring for the Double National. Last year we had 50. We've had over 40 every year since the event went to 12 Hour Course in 2004 or so (we ran on the Club Course using just Green Park until then).

As Central Florida Region's Assistant RE, I'm curious as to why we had such a big drop. The event as a whole was down about 15% - but SRF was down twice that. Anyone care to comment on why? Is it the economy? The HANS device rule? SA2000 Helmets being phased out? Just hate Sebring? Mad at Central Florida Region? Is it something we did? Or didn't do? Or said? How about the Super Tour - did that influence your decision one way or the other?

I know this isn't scientific, but I'd really like to know what everyone thinks. I know the economy is still an issue for many - but the disproportionate drop in SRF car count really bothers me.

If you'd rather comment privately, please email me at cfrwebmaster@earthlink.net .
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 pm
Lee,
I probably don't count as I haven't been there in the past (and therefore am not an accurate representation one of the 15 cars that didn't show this year) but economy was the sole factor in my not making my first Sebring trip this year.
Denny

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 pm
Gosh, Lee you missed me. It isn't anything you guys did or didn't do...it is just such a long haul from the west coast and the boss has me on a very tight budget this year.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 pm
Bob -- we certainly did miss you - but weren't you on the East Coast for a NASA project or something last year? At any rate - come back any time.

Denny - I've been trying to get you to come play at Sebring for at least 3 years. But I guess you still count ;)

We really did have a good event - and Bob would not have believed the weather after what he experienced two years ago. It was 80 degrees and bright sun on Sunday afternoon - morning lows in the 40s - really great stuff. Means we'll probably have a blizzard for our event next month.
Lee Hill
SEDiv SRF 72

Return to General Discussions