Steve Fenske

All things specracer!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:45 am
It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to inform many friends that Steve Fenske passed away last night. To say my heart is broken would be an understatement. Steve the checked flag has flown for you my friend and brother. Thanks for all the memories and may godspeed.

Michael Wold-Steele

“He died that day because his body had served its purpose. His soul had done what it came to do, learned what it came to learn, and then was free to leave.”
― Garth Stein, The Art of Racing in the Rain
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:04 am
Today we mourn the loss of one of the greatest contributors to the Spec Racer. Steve was technically brilliant, dedicated and had a huge- humor filled -heart. We will miss him so very much! God Bless Steve!

Erik, Jerry, Kimberly, Mike D. & Shannon
Erik
SCCA Enterprises

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:12 am
OMG, I've known Steve since he first started in SR Renault working for Gary Quast. he was a tremendous help and what a nice guy! You will be remembered my friend.

Former Specracer National Champion
Former Specracer National Champion

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/mbiracing
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:35 am
Wow, what an incredibly sad loss to the entire Spec Racer world.

In 2006 Steve let me park a pickup and a 30 foot trailer behind his shop for 6 weeks, free of charge, just the kind of guy Steve was.

He will truly be missed and we will race on in his memory.

-Mike Miserendino
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/ken.grammer
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:58 am
Sad, sad news. I first met Steve back when I joined SCCA Pro and moved to Topeka. The SRF community lost a great advocate for the sport, the spec racing community and an all around great guy.
Ken Grammer
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:11 pm
Unbelievable. Steve was one of the first people we met when we got into racing. My father and I were driving from Dallas to Topeka to get double regionals in so we could get licensed and he helped us figure out which way was up with our car.
Steve was a wonderful man and an incredible ambassador for the class and racing in general.
You will be sorely, sorely missed, my friend.
Godspeed.

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
Chassis:
Facebook Page:
JOHNANNIS
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm
So sorry to see a great guy pass. Steve was always a good friend and added his vast talents to the Spec Racer world.

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:19 pm
This is such sad news. Steve was always willing to talk to me and my father on the phone for long periods of time with any issue we were having. Truly an awesome supporter of Spec Racing that will be terribly missed. Godspeed..

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:54 pm
I did not know Steve well but every time I came south he was always there to assist when asked, with a smile on his face and a story. If you take a look at the technical forum Steve posted advice on the vast majority of discussions, always giving good advice. We'll all miss that wealth of knowledge, God speed Steve.
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:50 pm
I'm new-ish to SRF and only knew Steve through SpecParts.com but he was a great businessman and was known to save me a few bucks at his own expense. I recall having a long conversation with him about the Fenske G2. We exchanged emails Sunday. A real loss.
Next

Return to General Discussions