The Complete Butler Seat

Technical and Repair Discussions

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm
So, for those of you who have not seen all the extensions, here is a Butler Seat with the head, shoulder and leg extensions installed.

DaveP
Attachments
complete_seat.JPG
complete_seat.JPG (48.89 KiB) Viewed 34315 times
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm
Cool, I made that post a sticky.
Do you have the 6pt. harness option on it?
Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm
BTW, can you get it in the car? :)
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:41 pm
Nice, thanks. I am considering a Butler, using the fiberglass now. QQQ: Does the Butler seat sit the same hight and distance from the firewall? I am tall and don't want to sit any higher or closer to the pedals?

Thanks Joel

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:17 pm
Thanks Dave!

I have a Schroth six point belts that goes through the bottom of the seat to the frame. I have to replace the belts next year, and I think I will go with the Schroth 6 point that goes under your cheeks and attaches to the seat.

To get the seat in the car, I have to remove the leg extensions. I was not able to get the shoulder extensions under the roll bar otherwise.

For Joel, when I put the Butler in, I felt I was sitting at about the same height and I was 6 feet tall. I am a little older now :? and 5-11, but I come in well under top the roll hoop and no cramping of my feet in the foot box. I have no trouble with the pedals either. I could still move the pedal bar back two full notches.

DaveP
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/denny.stripling
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm
Butlers sit me well higher and in a more angled position, imo (I'm 6'1"). A couple of cars I've driven with Butlers had limitations on moving the dash forward and I brutalized my kneecaps whenever I went to the pedals.
That being said, the right fitting Butler is a nice feeling piece.
Denny

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:50 pm
I used mine in an Enduro right after installation. I was amazed how much more relaxed I was and how much less tired I was after the race. With the fiber glass seat, I was always bracing myself between the dead pedal and the right rear corner of the FG seat. I also got a better feel in the seat of my pants as to what the car was doing.

DaveP
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 pm
A lot depends on whether your height is in your body or legs. I am mostly legs and IIRC, Joel, you are more body. The Butlers I've used slide your butt more forward, and slightly higher off the floor, which results in the situation Denny refers to for guys like me. But it might get your head down a little bit, Joel.

I was surprised to see the official 6 pt mounting. Brought to mind the "Princess and the Pea" story. (Maybe the fact that I bring it up before drivers try it has something to do with nobody complaining, yet :) )
Dave Harriman

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:43 am
Dave,

When you say the "official 6 point mounting", do you mean Butler's option for the two mounting points on the bottom of the seat under our cheeks?

DaveP
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:47 am
Yes. They turn out to be slightly in front of most people's "cheeks".
Dave Harriman
Next

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions