body pin x-ref?

Technical and Repair Discussions
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:41 pm
I find myself a couple hundred miles from the nearest CSR, and in need of one of those body pins that keep our precious fiberglass from falling off. Not that I expect to find a performance shop, but if I do, is there a part cross-reference number I can use for this part? I know it's NOT the Moroso 39000, but if I can't find one, I'm going to try to make the 39000 work, if only for one day.

I'll bet this is in the archives somewhere (but I couldn't find it on the Mumm brother's site).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:29 am
Are you referring to the pin on the round loop? I have bought them at Lowe's and Home Depot. Peter
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:57 pm
No, not the torsion clip, the body pin that you put the torsion clip through.

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 pm
check out "hood pins" on e-bay-----many options and several vendors will quick ship.

larry
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:11 am
You're not going to find the pins we use on eBay. Those 'hood pins' are for holding the hood down, not for suspending body panels.

I had to modify a set of Moroso 39000 pins to make do until I can find a CSR. It would have been easier if I had a part number - who wants to bet that info is in the "archives?"

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:05 pm
sorry---when you said torsion pin goes through it, thought you meant hood pin. i assume that you are talking about the locating pin for the tail as that is the only other pin that penetrates the body work. call or e-mail steve at: steve at msr.steve@sbcglobal.net or by phone at 785-862-2777 and he can get you one very quickly. another option is to use a local machine shop to make a few for you,generally inexpensive and quick will continue to watch posts for cross reference. just trying to help.
Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
Chassis:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:45 am
No, not the tail locator. I have a spare one of those (and haven't needed it in 12 years) I mean the body pins... 2 for the tail, 2 for the nose. If you search for hood pins on ebay, you'll find straight pins with separate scuff plates. Good for keeping a hood down, but without the plate welded to the pin, it won't hold the body up. I drilled one of those and put a pin through it to hold a plate. Worked in a pinch, and when I got home, another one was broken (and I had NO contact all weekend). I'll have to stock up this weekend!

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions