Brake Fluid

Technical and Repair Discussions
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:44 pm
My car has speed bleeders on each caliper. I just open each speed bleeder and use a $5 brake bleeder bottle to catch the fluid. I pump the pedal by hand while kneeling next to the car. The so-called easy methods usually end up making a mess.
Kurt Breitinger
SEDIV #28
Chassis 494

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:11 pm
I'm with RacerX, Motul RBF600. Have used multiple brands in the past and while it might be a little overkill in the SRF why risk it. It's not that expensive and saving a couple of bucks isn't worth maybe having problems with fluid at the track.

I think our pads (hawk blues) will quit before our fluid does. Anyone else seem to sense a little brake fade on really hot days on brake heavy tracks?

I've directed my brake cooling back to the calpers/disks as it was shortened and going nowhere and haven't felt it again but seems to indicate we're pushing the pads close to the limit without cooling?
Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:04 pm
I also use Motul RBF600. Amazon has it for a pretty good price.

If I can draft someone to man the pedal, the old fashioned way is easy and works great.

If I can't, then I've used this thing to pressure bleed:

Gunson G4062:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001K ... s_bw_c_x_1

I hook it up to my air compressor and use about 15 psi.

You could probably build it yourself if you think it's easier than spending $50.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:14 pm
joefrederick44 wrote:I recently tried using the MityVac for brake bleeding and it was a huge disappointment. Maybe I was using it wrong or something :? . I have been looking at trying the Motive Products Power Bleeder but I wanted to ask if anyone else has tried this product before I pull the trigger on another disappointing product. Thanks for help.

My car has speed bleeders, but I still like the Motive Power bleeder. It makes it easy to do a flush.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:16 pm
Martinracing98 wrote:
joefrederick44 wrote:I recently tried using the MityVac for brake bleeding and it was a huge disappointment. Maybe I was using it wrong or something :? . I have been looking at trying the Motive Products Power Bleeder but I wanted to ask if anyone else has tried this product before I pull the trigger on another disappointing product. Thanks for help.

My car has speed bleeders, but I still like the Motive Power bleeder. It makes it easy to do a flush.

It is important to remove pressure by opening pressure bottle prior to removing cap from master cylinder or you will have a mess

Ready to Write a Book
Ready to Write a Book
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:25 pm
Do you have a part number and vendor for the speed bleeders? The ones I ordered did not fit the calipers.
Thanks
bob K
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:15 pm
When did they legalize speed bleeders?
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Novice Typer
Novice Typer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:42 pm
So what works better: DOT3 or DOT4?

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 am
I just got the power bleeder. Works easier than the broomstick to hold and bleed for single person setup. The downside is when I was flushing, I can't see the level to know when to stop. The girdling specific cap was extra; I could not find a vendor that had it as a single kit.
Scott Cypher
SRF3 #577 G3

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Joe:

I don't know if you bought the Motive Power Bleeder or not, but I bought one and it works great! You have to pay attention to which version you're buying though, as they have different part numbers with different caps for the master cylinder reservoirs. I have Girling master cylinders and they require the Motive 1100 adapter.
PreviousNext

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions