OIL LINE ROUTING.

Technical and Repair Discussions

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Hutch52
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:44 pm
Has anyone ever done a "schematic" showing the proper routing of the oil lines from motor to filter out of filter to oil cooler back to motor, or is that motor to oil cooler back to filter and then back to motor? And the manifold that covers the original oil filter fitting has no markings on it to designate "in" or "out". (That would be helpful).

I searched the forums and found nothing under "oil line routing". A nice diagram would be good photos even better. (CSR's are you listening?) i.e. kind of like Steve Fenske did when he put up the "how to do the new brakes" thing awhile back.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:52 pm
I will look tomm. and get back to you. I know it comes out of motor at the housing thats is where the filter was stock. The adaptor that is on engine is what I call off set. One in the center and one to the out side edge. I think the outside fitting goes to oil cooler. This is what I need to double check for you tomm when I get home from shop. The other line from cooler goes to the right side of the adaptor that the oil filter is screwed onto. The little line goes from left side of oil filter housing to the off set adaptor on engine, center fitting So If I'm right the oil comes out of the center fitting on enigne adaptor to oil filter left side fitting thru oil filter out the right side of oil filter to oil cooler, out oil cooler back to the off set adaptor out side edge fitting. Hope this helps. Use color tie straps on both sides of the fittings, example blue on line and blue on fitting, yellow on the other line and fitting, different colors on the other two lines. This way you dont have to think about it when you take them off. Tony with SEI Motorsports

Forum Hermit
Forum Hermit

Chassis:
Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Hutch52
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:50 am
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57478311@N02/7019918633/lightbox/. Tried to show oil line routing. I made labels, text is too small, but if you want download the photo, enlarge so you can read the text, edit it and repost if you want. This is what I came up with after finding my Roush book from 1994. Steve suggests routing the oil from filter to the "lower" oil cooler port so air is forced up. The upper port then from the oil cooler goes back to the motor via the center hole on the plate that covers the original oil filter site. (On closer inspection, on mine there is a stamped arrow pointing "in" on that plate designating the direction of the oil line hooked to that port.

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 pm
I was wrong. the adaptor on engine (offset one as I said) the out side fitting goes to short line to oil filter left side fitting. center fitting goes to cooler. Yeah yours looks good to me.

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions