Technical and Repair Discussions
Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
068 415
Facebook Page:
http://facebook.com/HSERacing
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:04 pm
JoshO wrote:My new bakes seemed to bed in well.

I have one small issue that I'm a little confused about.After 6 tesing sessions, my pads on the left rotors(front and back) are wearing with a tapered leading and trailing edge. Pads on the right side are wearing perfectly square.

What could cause this?
Should I be concerned about the left side having reduced braking force relative to the right side?(I did notice the car drifting right a little in hard braking when looking at the video. Unclear if that was just me being a newbie or if this might have caused it)

I plan on moving rotors/pads around, but I would like to address the root issue if there is one.

I would make sure the caliper is moving freely on the caliper bracket. Also make sure the caliper bracket isn't bent.

Dave
Dave Harriman
"It looks crazy, I understand. But, we only live once and I am going to give it a good try." - Alex Zanardi

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:59 am
Is it possible the you got all of the inside pads on the left side of the car and the outside pads on the right hand side? The inside pads have a leading and tailing taper as you describe.

DaveP

Still Learning to Type
Still Learning to Type
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:10 pm
davep wrote:Is it possible the you got all of the inside pads on the left side of the car and the outside pads on the right hand side? The inside pads have a leading and tailing taper as you describe.

DaveP

This might be it. I remember seeing the tapered edges when I opened the pads. My guess is that they were packaged in a way that lead me to believe they were all tapered when looking at them before install. Until now, I assumed that they were all tapered to start.

I will now fix my silliness.

Thanks

Needs a Life!!!
Needs a Life!!!
Chassis:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:25 pm
another silly thing to do is not make sure the pads are properly sitting on the sliders...you can actually get the caliper on if one end is not quite in the right place. Then step on the brakes, and now you have a nicely bent backing plate so you get to buy another set of pads or run an old one. How do I know about that?
Previous

Return to Technical and Repair Discussions